We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Merge cells - gridControl

How can I simply merge multiple cells in a standard gridControl (not data bound). I want to merge (not cover) the cells because I have text that I want to span multiple columns.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 31, 2003 07:48 AM UTC

MergeCells in Essential Grid refers to drawing adjacent cells as one cell IF all the adjacent cells hold the same value. If you want to have long text from one cell float over adjacent cells, this is referred to as floatingcells. To allow cells to float, you need to set the grid.FloatingCellsMode property and the adjacent cells must be empty. You cannot float over an occupied cell. Here are some snippets. this.gridControl1.FloatCellsMode = GridFloatCellsMode.OnDemandCalculation; GridStyleInfo style = this.gridControl1[2,1]; style.Text = "this is some long text that should float over adjacent cells"; There are style properties that you can use to turn off floating support at the style level (style.FloatCell = false). You can also use style.FloodCell to prevent a cell from being flooded.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon