We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

New row gets added on grid

Hi, I have a GridDataBoundGrid that has its datasource set to DataTable at runtime. When I bring the data on the grid trough the datatable, EnableAddNew = True but EnabledEdit = False. When I click on an Edit button, I set the EnableEdit = True. As soon as I start editing the grid I can see the row header changes into a 'writing pen'. The problem is that while I am in this 'Edit' mode, if I click on some other rows up and back down, sometimes I end up with an extra row. If I keep doing it I can end up with multiple empty rows. If I then try to save my stuff, passing the datatable back to a function to do that (I don't use the dataadaper, I loop through the datatable by myself, and manually get row by row) I get errors because no data in those EMPTY rows. Is there any way of prevening this from happening ?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 30, 2003 08:33 PM UTC

I tried to see this problem in the attached sample, but could not. What are you doing differently? If you can prepare a little sample (or tell us how to see the problem in one of our samples) and submit through our Direct Trac system, we can probably resolve this problem fairly quickly. What version are you using? The later version of 1.6.1.x may handle this problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon