We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019

What does this mean? My error lookup tool had no clue. I see this message in VStudio's Task List after I compile (no errors). It only shows this when I view the Form class in VStudio's Form Designer. The form looks o.k.; it contains only two UserControl derived classes which seem to be properly rendered. I've recently upgraded from 1.0.2.2 to 1.0.2.4 and just noticed this anomoly. I thought it was related to VStudio not letting me add a Splash Panel to my form, but that turned out to be related to my licenses.licx file... speaking of which... I've just noticed that the versions of assemblies in my license.licx files are not current (1.0.2.4). I assume this needs to reflect the syncfusion version I want to use. What is the best way to keep the license files up-to-date? -Roy P.S. Sorry for asking two different questions under one subject, but maybe they are related.

2 Replies

RM Roy Muller August 21, 2002 06:40 PM UTC

I found a way to remove the error; one of my two UserControls has a property that, when set, calls a managed wrapper into a multi-threaded static library (our home-grown event logging library). When I comment out the call to the managed wrapper then the Exception from HRESULT error in the task list disappears. As a bonus, I'm also able to change the property in the designer :-) As for the license.licx files, should I just edit the version #s by hand? Does the license file affect anything else besides the visual designer? -Roy

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team August 22, 2002 09:25 AM UTC

Roy, The license file is only used during design time. You can just delete the licx file, and it will be recreated (when needed) if you drop a licensed control on your form. Clay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon