We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Return value from Save or SaveAs dialog box

I have two files (edit controls), one primary, one secondary. The secondary is dependant on the primary and will be saved under the same name, different extension, only if the user chooses to save the primary file. How do I know if the user has saved the file or cancelled the save action (or SaveAs action) after the edit control's Close method is called? Thanks heaps.

2 Replies

IW Ian Williams October 24, 2003 05:54 PM UTC

The other part this problem is that the file editControl.Close() method null's out the file name, so now I have no idea what file name the user saved the file under (when SaveAs is called on a new file). I used the OnFileNameChanged event to capture this, but when the Close() method nulls out the file name, this event fires again, and I'm left with a null reference. Is there a better solution to this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2003 08:58 PM UTC

Hi Ian, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have tested for these issues here and have observed the above mentioned problems. I have contacted the Essential Edit Development Team for their inputs on this, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. Thanks for your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon