We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Menu Font Size and Size in General

Is there a way to change the Font Size of XP Menus and/or is there a way to change the size using icons. I need large menus for a touch-screen application. I tried using large icons, but the size of the baritems did not adjust.

11 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 24, 2003 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Ken, Here is a code snippet that demonstrates how you can change the font size of the baritems in the toolbar. // Listen to the BarControlBindingChanged even in the MainFrameBarManager // This will be called whenever a Bar has been bound to a new CommandBarExt control. private void mainFrameBarManager1_BarControlBindingChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarControlBindingChangedArgs args) { // Set the font in the corresponding BarControl: CommandBarExt cmdBar = args.BarControl as CommandBarExt; cmdBar.BarControl.Font = new Font("Arial", 12); } Regards, Arun

KL Ken Law October 28, 2003 12:43 PM UTC

Thanks Arun, but this code will not compile because CommandBarExt does not seem to be a recognized type. When I searched Syncfusion help for "CommandBarExt" it came up empty also. > Hi Ken, > > Here is a code snippet that demonstrates how you can change the font size of the baritems in the toolbar. > > // Listen to the BarControlBindingChanged even in the MainFrameBarManager > // This will be called whenever a Bar has been bound to a new CommandBarExt control. > > private void mainFrameBarManager1_BarControlBindingChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarControlBindingChangedArgs args) > { > // Set the font in the corresponding BarControl: > > CommandBarExt cmdBar = args.BarControl as CommandBarExt; > > cmdBar.BarControl.Font = new Font("Arial", 12); > } > > Regards, > Arun

KL Ken Law October 28, 2003 02:08 PM UTC

Arun, Never mind - I only had Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools referenced with a "using" statement, but I needed Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus; Thanks again for the help, -Ken

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 28, 2003 02:19 PM UTC

Hi Ken Thanks for the update. Good to hear that you got it working. Regards, Arun

KL Ken Law October 28, 2003 06:04 PM UTC

Arun, I'm afraid I still have a problem. I also need to set the font of the submenu items (The BarItems in each ParentBarItem's list). Also, could you help me understand what a CommandBarExt is and where it fits in? When I search help I don't find it. Also, is there any documentation beside the Help and toolsug.pdf? Thanks, -Ken

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 28, 2003 08:51 PM UTC

Hi Ken, 1. Currently this is not possible as the fonts for the SubMenus are hard coded. I will log this as a feature request for consideration in a future release. 2. The CommandBarExt is a derived from the CommandBar, so you could refer to the documentation for CommandBar for more details. Regards, Arun

KL Ken Law October 31, 2003 04:09 PM UTC

I am implementing a touchscreen application so I need a menu system large enough for human fingers. Do you have any suggestions? Could I use CommandBars or something to implement a large menu system?

SL Sebastien Lange November 3, 2003 07:24 AM UTC

Hi, I also need to change the font of menus. In fact, I need to set the first item of a context menu in bold (the one called when I double click). So is it possible to do it? Sebastien

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 3, 2003 05:08 PM UTC

Hi Sebastien, Sorry if my earlier posting was not clear. As I mentioned, the fonts for the SubMenus are hard coded currently, but this has been logged in as a feature request for consideration in a future release. Regards, Arun

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team November 3, 2003 05:40 PM UTC

Hi Ken, You could use the LargeIcons and the LargeImagelist properties of the BarManager. The Essential Tools Team is currently working on fixing the display of large fonts for the menus and I will update you as soon as it has been addressed. Regards Arun

KL Ken Law November 6, 2003 09:06 AM UTC

Thanks Arun, I will be going forward with development under the assumption I will eventually be able to increase the size of the fonts in the submenus.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon