We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

disable hiding toolbar

I have a non-dockable, floating toolbar that I would like to not let the user allow to close. How can I do this? Thanks, Terry

5 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 22, 2003 07:10 PM UTC

Hi Terry, The following Essential Tools Knowledgebase Article addresses this issue: How do I prevent the user from modifying the visibility of a particular toolbar Regards, Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 22, 2003 07:21 PM UTC

Hi Terry, The following code should do the job. /* associates the ToolBar with the DockingManager and sets it as a floating control initially */ this.dockingManager1.FloatControl(this.myToolBar, this.myToolBar.ClientRectangle); /* sets the ToolBar as float only and it can never be docked */ this.dockingManager1.SetFloatOnly(this.myToolBar, true); /* hides the 'X' close button on the ToolBar so that it can never be closed */ this.dockingManager1.SetCloseButtonVisibility(this.myToolBar, false); Please let me know if this helps. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

TF Terry Foster October 23, 2003 10:20 AM UTC

The problem I see now is that all three methods of the 'DockManager' class you suggested take a 'Control' class object, which the Syncfusion 'Bar' class does not derive from. How can I do what you've suggested with a syncfusion toolbar that I've created in design mode? Thanks, Terry

TF Terry Foster October 23, 2003 10:20 AM UTC

The problem I see now is that all three methods of the 'DockManager' class you suggested take a 'Control' class object, which the Syncfusion 'Bar' class does not derive from. How can I do what you've suggested with a syncfusion toolbar that I've created in design mode? Thanks, Terry

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 23, 2003 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Terry, I had misinterpreted your query earlier and assumed that you were referrring to WinForms ToolBar control. Since you are using Syncfusion ToolBar, please refer to the Knowledgebase article pointed out by Arun above for this purpose. I apologise for the confusion caused. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon