We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LostFocus Event is not Fired in the MulticolumnComboBox when is DropDown

I currently have a MultiColumnComboBox in a form and I'm doing a validation of the user input on it when the control lost focus checking if the user input is a valid text of any of the items in the list, when the entry is a invalid text I show a message and returns the focus on the control in this way the control will not loss the focus unless the text is correct.

I try this of course with the LostFocus Event but this event is fired only when the DropDownStyle property is set to DropDownList but isn't when is set to DropDown and I don't know why.
I try also with the Leave Event and it works partially because is fired when the control that receives the focus is a textbox or other combobox but this event is not fired when the control is a button, and my validation code is not executed.

I actually think if the lost event will fired my problem will not exists. Can you tell me why the event is not fired or what choices have I?

1 Reply

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team July 29, 2009 07:35 AM UTC

Hi Leonel,

When the style is DropDown, MultiColumnCombobox has an internal TextBox. Please handle LostFocus event of that textbox as shown below.

multiColumnComboBox1.TextBox.LostFocus += new EventHandler(TextBox_LostFocus);

void TextBox_LostFocus(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
// do validation here.
}

Regards,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon