We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Grid is not updating correctly with Hidden columns

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

8084 Oct 20,2003 10:20 AM Nov 18,2003 12:23 AM Windows Forms 6
Tags: GridControl
Patrick
Asked On October 20, 2003 10:20 AM

I have a gird with some hidden columns (col[0] and col[2]). When I try to scroll the view horizontally, back and fore, the grid doesn't refresh correctly. I also notice that the scrollbar size is incorrect. If I don't make those two columns hidden, everything seems to be fine. Is anyone see this before? can some one help?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 20, 2003 10:28 AM

What version of the grid are you using? There was a problem like this in an early 1.6.1.x release, but it was fix in 1.6.1.6 or later. The latest private release is 1.6.1.8 which you can get by submitting a support incident and requesting it.

Markus Kraft
Replied On November 15, 2003 01:14 AM

Hi, i have here the absolute same problem with release 1.6.1.8 DataBoundGrid. I use hidden cols too. In my application, the user can show and hide columns at the runtime. The gridboundcolumns being generated complete newly after this change. The scrollbar size is incorrect and some cols will not be correct refreshed after scroll right and left. Some ColumnHeaders will only refershed when the mouse moves over the grid-headerow. The dead column will be displayed when scrolling up/down. The behavior appears sporadically. Do you have a proposal for solution? greetings markus

Replied On November 15, 2003 01:35 AM

Have you tried calling grid.UpdateScrollBars after you reset your grid? If you have a sample project showing the problem, submit a Direct Trac support incident with the sample and we can debug it here.

Replied On November 15, 2003 01:35 AM

Have you tried calling grid.UpdateScrollBars after you reset your grid? If you have a sample project showing the problem, submit a Direct Trac support incident with the sample and we can debug it here.

Replied On November 17, 2003 08:25 AM

Well, it seems that the problem appears when trying to set the visibility to all columns at once. Setting it one by one seems to work fine for me. (I mean using Grid.SetColHidden(index,index,bVisible) )

Markus Kraft
Replied On November 18, 2003 12:23 AM

Hi Augusto, the refreshing problem occours when i using SetColHidden() too. I switch the columns visibly or invisibly when I add the gridboundcoulumn to the ValueGrid.GridBoundColumns. In a table which include visualdata, i control the actual column as hidden true/false. ValueGrid.Model.Cols.Hidden[CollectionCounter + 1] = (bool)visualTable[CollectionCounter]["hidden"]; for your info. markus

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;