We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BlinkState in Syncfusion 7.1

We just moved from Syncfusion 6.xxx to Syncfusion 7.1 in our development environment and one obvious thing that we notice was the BlinkState feature of the GridGroupingControl. In the TableControlPrepareViewStyleInfo, when we try to get BlinkState of a cell, it either returned BlinkState.Increased or BlinkState.Reduced with Syncfusion 6.xxx. With Syncfusion 7.1, the returned value is almost always BlinkState.NewValue. Does anyone know why this happen?

Thanks,
Ha

10 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team April 28, 2009 02:46 PM UTC

Hi Ha,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I checked with v7.1.0.21 and v7.1.0.30 to reproduce the issue with blink state. It works fine as showing reduced and increased when certain value changes. When there is a cell that has null value at that time, it will provide NewValue state. If you still sees the issue, please upgrade to our latest version Essential Studio Vol 2 , v7.2.0.20 in which most of the issues reported in previous versions had been fixed. If it doesn't helps, please provide the code details handled in your application or a minimal sample reproducing the issue.

Regards,
Rajadurai

HT Ha Tran April 28, 2009 07:02 PM UTC

Rajadurai,

We notify the list changed event a bit differently:

- We have another thread to listen to all the updates of the data and store the values in our memory.
- We have a timer that looks for "dirty" values and call PropertyChanged method, this way we don't invoke the control because everything is already in UI thread.

This works well in Syncfusion 6.xx but not in 7.1. Let me know if you have any comment on this.

Ha

>Hi Ha,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I checked with v7.1.0.21 and v7.1.0.30 to reproduce the issue with blink state. It works fine as showing reduced and increased when certain value changes. When there is a cell that has null value at that time, it will provide NewValue state. If you still sees the issue, please upgrade to our latest version Essential Studio Vol 2 , v7.2.0.20 in which most of the issues reported in previous versions had been fixed. If it doesn't helps, please provide the code details handled in your application or a minimal sample reproducing the issue.

Regards,
Rajadurai

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team April 29, 2009 03:07 PM UTC

Hi Ha,

Thanks for your update.

Please try to set the UseDefaultsForFasterDrawing property to true to solve the issue with Blink state. It provides some more support while handling ListChanged event.

gridGroupingControl1.UseDefaultsForFasterDrawing = true;

If it doesn't helps, please let me know the specific version in which it works and in which it doesn't works.

Regards,
Rajadurai

HT Ha Tran April 29, 2009 05:34 PM UTC

Rajadurai,
UseDefaultsForFasterDrawing has always been set to true in our application. The version in which BlinkState works was 6.102.0.34 and the new version in which BlinkState didn't seem to work is 7.102.0.30

Thanks,
Ha

>Hi Ha,

Thanks for your update.

Please try to set the UseDefaultsForFasterDrawing property to true to solve the issue with Blink state. It provides some more support while handling ListChanged event.

gridGroupingControl1.UseDefaultsForFasterDrawing = true;

If it doesn't helps, please let me know the specific version in which it works and in which it doesn't works.

Regards,
Rajadurai

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team April 30, 2009 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Ha,

Thanks for your details.

I checked the source code of those specified versions. Some one or two more properties have been added for better performance. That too not seems to reflect any drastic changes over Blink state. I was unable to see the issue. Please provide code handled to trigger PropertyChanged event based on condition in your application or a minimal sample showing the steps used to trigger this event. It would be fine for us to track the issue and work further to provide a fix for it.

Regards,
Rajadurai

LH Lay-heng Ho November 18, 2009 03:38 PM UTC

Hi,

Was this issue fixed? We're seeing the same issue with 7.4.

Thank you

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 19, 2009 01:58 PM UTC

Hi Lay,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The issue reported before with BlinkState.Increased and BlinkState.Reduced states were not reproduced in our side.

In GroupingTraderGridTest_2008 sample with v7.4.0.20, we have tried to reproduce the issue of improper blink colors for updated values. But it works fine without any issues. The blink colors are displayed accordingly based on the increased/decreased value.
Herewith we have attached a video file showing this behavior for your reference.
http://help.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.4.0.20/F80789.zip

Please refer the following points in the attached file.
i) Consider 8th cell of first record for reference. (i.e., 1st row 8th column).
ii) The value initially is 93. Then it decreases to 77 which was highlighted with DarkBlue color for Decreased BlinkState. Then it increases to 92 which was then highlighted with DarkOrange color for Increased BlinkState. Likewise, it displays blinkcolor accordingly for the sequence. 81,72,91,117,112,..etc.,

Regards,
Rajadurai

LH Lay-heng Ho November 19, 2009 04:08 PM UTC

Hi Rajadurai,

The problem seems to happen in the scenario where a new row is added and is the only row that is updating. The blink state remains as NewRecord until an update happens on a different row. After an update on a different row, the blink state of the new row will then turn to Increased or Decreased.

I attached a simple example that reprodues the problem. To use the example, click on Add Row. A new row will be added to the grid and will be the only one updating. After a couple updates, check "Run 2nd Update Timer". This will enable the update blinking on the 2nd row.

Thank you.

BlinkTest_c5c5d1b8.zip

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 20, 2009 10:25 AM UTC

Hi Lay,

Thanks for your details.

I was able to see the behavior reported with blinking. As i have to analyse this issue with the source code further, i will let you know the details of this on or before 25th November 2009.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Rajadurai

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 25, 2009 03:30 PM UTC

Hi Lay,

Thanks for your patience.

The reported behavior has been confirmed as a defect. It has been fixed in our code library. As we have to ensure the fix, we will update you the status of this in a week.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon