We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Office2007Form

Hi,

I managed to get Office2007Form working well under C#, but i cant make it work under VB.NET.

I have attached a screenshot of my references, code and error.

Error:
Base class 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Office2007Form' specified for class 'Form1' cannot be different from the base class 'System.Windows.Forms.Form' of one of its other partial types.

VS2008 + Syncfusion 2009 Vol1 7.103.0.30 .Net2

sync1_de9ffb4d.zip

7 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team April 20, 2009 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Hans,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

In VB.NET when inheriting any Form in .vb file, will not reflect in the Designer.vb file. So to avoid such error you need to use the Error Correction Options dialog and inherit the Form in Designer.vb file also.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2009 11:30 PM UTC

Thank you fathima, it works.

If I could trouble you with a followup. Why is the managed form color set by "ApplyManagedColors" much lighter than the built-in one "Office2007Theme.Black"?

For example, when setting the color to Black using managed colors it is much lighter than the syncfusion black in the theme. How do I make the managed black darker so that it resembles the default themes?

Black is used for comparison, I will then apply it to have a red form, the current red through managed colors looks more like Pink.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team April 21, 2009 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Hans,

Thank you for your update.

Needed support to paint the Office2007 Managed colors a little more darker

On our initial analysis we have found that the above issue could be a feature request. We have forwarded this to our developers for more analysis. We will getback to you on or before April 28th 2009.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team April 28, 2009 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Han,

Thank you for your patience.

Currently we do not provide support to 'Needed support to paint the Office2007 Managed colors a little more darker'. This has been confirmed as a Feature Request.

We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Fathima

GK Gary Kaye October 10, 2009 03:41 PM UTC

I am having trouble setting up an office2007 form.

You stated::

In VB.NET when inheriting any Form in .vb file, will not reflect in the Designer.vb file. So to avoid such error you need to use the Error Correction Options dialog and inherit the Form in Designer.vb file also.

Can you elaborate on exactly what to do? What is the "Error correction Options Dialog"?

Where do I make changes?

Thanks

GK Gary Kaye October 10, 2009 03:42 PM UTC

I am having trouble setting up an office2007 form.

You stated::

Can you elaborate on exactly what to do? What is the "Error correction Options Dialog"?

Where do I make changes?

Thanks

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team October 12, 2009 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

Can you let me know the details on the error you are seeing? A screen shot will be helpful. Also please let me know if you have the following dlls present in your project reference.

1. Syncfusion.Core
2. Syncfusion.Grid.Base
3. Syncfusion.Grid.Windows
4. Syncfusion.Shared.Base
5. Syncfusion.Shared.Windows
6. Syncfusion.Tools. Base
7. Syncfusion.Tools.Windows

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile