We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Smooth scrolling & Cell activation

Does any one know how to make virtical and horizontal scrolling be smooth? I don't want to scroll per cell, I want to be able to scroll with X amount based on the scroll bar. i.e an editor. Also, is there any one to make cell selection not to scroll the grid at all? i.e if I clicked on a partial visible cell, the grid will make entire cell visible. Is there any one to prevent that? Thanks, Patrick

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2003 09:27 PM UTC

No, not currently. We will support pixel scrolling in a future release. That said, you can simulate not scrolling a whole cell by using covered cells. The idea is instead of having a 'normal' width cell, have maybe 10 cells of 1/10 the width of the normal cell, and then cover these 10 cells to make them look like the one normal cell. This will allow the 'normal cell' to scroll in 1/10 increments instead of its normal single cell scroll increment.

PA Patrick October 20, 2003 10:55 AM UTC

Clay, thanks for the quick reply. Your suggestion is great, I hope you guys can have pixel scrolling soon. My second question was, how can I prevent the grid from shifting the selected column from partial visible to completely visible when I select a partially visible cell. Can you please give me some advice?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2003 12:09 PM UTC

Try handling the CurrentCellMoving event and there you can adjust e.Options &= ~GridSetCurrentCellOptions.ScrollInView; If that does not work then try handling CurrentCellMoving, and set some boolean flag. The handle LeftColChanging and set e.Cancel = true; if the boolean flag is set. In CurrentCellMoved you should reset the boolean flag. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon