We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Exception Dragging A Docked Window

I've a MDI window containing a docked window handled by the Syncfusion docking manager. When I click on the title bar of the docked window and drags the mouse downwards to move the window I get the following exception:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.: at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.CreateFloatingFrame(Point ptlocation, Boolean show)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.TransitDockToFloat()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.ApplyDockInfo()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.WhidbeyDragProvider.ProcessMouseMove(DockControllerBase controller, IDraggable ctrl, Point ptscreen)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController.HandleMouseMoveImp(MouseButtons button, Point pt)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This occurs in v7.1.0.21 using the .NET 2.0 assemblies.

Is this a known issue or is there any workaround?

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 16, 2009 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Neil,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Exception when dragging a docked Window

I am afraid that I was not able to see this issue in 7.1.0.21 version . I have followed the steps below to reproduce the issue.

1) In MDI form, created docking windows using DockingManager.
2) At runtime, clicked on the caption bar of the docked window and dragged the mouse downwards to move the window.
3) Exception is not thrown.

Please try reproducing the issue with the sample below and let me know if I missed out anything in reproducing the issue.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/7.1.0.21/F80598/Tools_WF_DragCaption.zip

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon