We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TreeviewAdv control performance issue

We use winforms Treeview control to show all the data in tree format. We decided to replace the winforms control with syncfusion TreeviewAdv control. After replacing the control we noticed that the loading the tree is very slower compare to winforms control. I debugged to find the reason. We found that it is taking long time between 2 method calls. what I mean is if there are 3 methods in the callstack before getting into each method it is delaying. Might be processing something. we checked the cpu memory. After calling the method, before going into the method cpu usage is getting up to 60% from 2%.
Could you please let us know what is going wrong with the treeviewadv control. Is is urgent.

Thanks.
Rajendra prasad Racharla.

6 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team April 8, 2009 05:58 AM UTC

Hi Rajendra,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

While adding more than one node to the TreeViewAdv control, calling the BeginUpdate and EndUpdate method will improve performance of the control. And also setting SuspendExpandRecalculate property to true will also improve the performance of the TreeViewAdv. Please refer to the below online tutorial that illustrates this:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_71/toolswin/TreeViewPerformance.html

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please let me know in which scenario actually the issue exists so that I could work out in depth and provide you a better solution at the earliest?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2009 03:23 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried using Beginupdate() and EndUpdate() methods to improve the performance.
And I also used SuspendExpandRecalculate. However, I do not see any improvement in the tree performance. The tree has got around 8000 nodes. Ofcourse very big number. But is there no way to get out of this issue?
But it is working very well if I switch my code back to winforms treeview control.

If you feel it is possible to improve the performance, Could you please send me a sample where it does have a tree having more than 8000 nodes and loading faster comparatively equal faster to winforms treeview control.

>Hi Rajendra,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

While adding more than one node to the TreeViewAdv control, calling the BeginUpdate and EndUpdate method will improve performance of the control. And also setting SuspendExpandRecalculate property to true will also improve the performance of the TreeViewAdv. Please refer to the below online tutorial that illustrates this:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_71/toolswin/TreeViewPerformance.html

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please let me know in which scenario actually the issue exists so that I could work out in depth and provide you a better solution at the earliest?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2009 03:25 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried using Beginupdate() and EndUpdate() methods to improve the performance.
And I also used SuspendExpandRecalculate. However, I do not see any improvement in the tree performance. The tree has got around 8000 nodes. Ofcourse very big number. But is there no way to get out of this issue?
But it is working very well if I switch my code back to winforms treeview control.

If you feel it is possible to improve the performance, Could you please send me a sample where it does have a tree having more than 8000 nodes and loading faster comparatively equal faster to winforms treeview control.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 9, 2009 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for the update.

You can improve the performance of TreeViewAdv by setting RecalculateExpansion to false. Please refer the sample below which takes only 15 ms to load 8000 nodes when clicking on TreeviewAdv at runtime which is comparatively equal faster to winforms treeview control.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/7.1.0.30/F80514/Tools_Win_TreeViewAdvPerf.zip

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 9, 2009 03:03 PM UTC

Hi,

I am using syncfusion 6.1.0.34. I do not see any property like RecalculateExpansion on TreeviewAdv control. I see a method like SuspendExpandRecalculate. I tried with SuspendExpandRecalculate setting it to true. But no use. Could you please tell me which version RecalculateExpansion property was added in? How can update my existing version with new version which has RecalculateExpansion property.

Thanks,
Rajendra prasasd Racharla.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team April 13, 2009 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Rajendra,

Thank you for your update.

New property "RecalculateExpansion" is added with our Essential Studio 2008 Volume 3 major release - v6.3.0.30 and further versions. Our latest refresh release Syncfusion Essential Studio 2009 Volume 1 is available for download. You can refer the below thread for download details.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=79876

Please try this and let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon