We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel is closing in 6 to 10 minutes.

HI whenever i am trying to work with template and xlsio the xls file is remain open but it closes by giving an error after 6 to 10 min.

Also i have list setting for the columns but it is not showing that also for the all the cells.
I have already attached the zip file containing the template and the code which i am using to populate the code.

thank in advance.

Suresh Alphonso

XLSIO_6b6d9c60.zip

5 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team April 2, 2009 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Suresh,

1. Please try opening the sheet with either the ExcelOpenType set as Automatic or as ExcelVersion.Excel97to2003

IWorkbook workbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(Server.MapPath(@"App_Data\DefectLogging.xls"), ExcelVersion.Excel97to2003);

2. Could you please send me the code snippet with which you are trying to create the list?

Regards,
Geetha

SA Suresh Alphonso April 2, 2009 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Geeta,
The problem still is there
I am attaching the Zip files contains the sourcecode as well as the error generated while crashing the Excel file.

XLSIO_6539fa78.zip

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team April 3, 2009 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for the details.

I was not able to reproduce the problem of file corruption when opening the XlsIO generated xls file. Also, I was not able to get the data at Defects[i].ToString().TrimStart().TrimEnd().Replace("\0", ""); Could you please send me the details of this data along send me the output document, so that I could check it?

Regards,
Geetha

SA Suresh Alphonso April 6, 2009 04:31 AM UTC

Hi Geetha,
I have attached the whole backup of the sql database also the error screen shot and the generated excel file.

Please look into the same.
and it takes almost 10 to 12 minutes to close the Excel file so u have to wait till that much time after opening the excel from the programme.

thanks in advance.

Suresh Alphonso

XLSIO_33494706.zip

MK Manoj Kumar G M Syncfusion Team August 30, 2012 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for the details.

I was not able to reproduce the problem of file corruption when opening the XlsIO generated xls file. Also, I was not able to get the SqlDataReader datas at  Common.ResultSet(strqry); Could you please send me the details of this data along send me the output document, so that I could check it?

Regards,

Manojkumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon