We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sum highlighted range and show total in popup or tooltip

Hi. We are still using 4.202. Is there a way that a user can select a range of cells and sum them up and then put the sum in like a pop up if I move the mouse over the range? So if I moved my cursor over the selected range then a little popup or tooltip would pop up showing the sum that we figure on the fly for the range they have selected at the current time?? Could you give me a sample in VB that does something like that?

4 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team March 31, 2009 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please refer to the following sample in which the sum of values in the selected range in gridcontrol is shown in tooltip when mousehovers the selected range.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.2.0.8/F80330/main.htm

Regards,
Rajadurai

PB Philip Bishop September 23, 2009 03:58 PM UTC

So I finally got a minute where I could mess with this. How can I make this so that if I swipe say the first two colum headers that it will total up what is then selected? When I did it, it first blew up because it was trying to total row0. So then I put in a check for that and it will let me highlight both cols but when I move over the range it still shows 0. How can I make it show the total?

PB Philip Bishop September 23, 2009 08:40 PM UTC

One other question....Say you hightlight 2 cells and then paste data. In your example it pastes in to one cell and does not update the count. In my sample I have range pasting and it does the same thing. So how can you make it update the range on a paste and how can you swipe col headers and have it upate.

Thanks

Phil

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team September 24, 2009 05:57 AM UTC

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Please refer to the following modified sample in which the selection by rows or columns will also work by showing the sum of the selected range in tooltip while mousehovering. The pasting of a range to a selected range works fine and the tooltip is getting updated immediately with the reevaluated value on pasting.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.3.0.20/F80330a.zip

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon