We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataGridContol issues and questions

Hi,

Using your WPF 7.1.0.30 trial I'm trying to build a simple app, but there are several issues using DataGridContol(I know that it's still a preview release):

1) I cannot find way how to implement PageDown/Up buttons which scroll page down/up. Any suggestions?

2) Binding to large data table with 300 000 records, your sorting seems to be a little bit slow. But I cannot find way how to measure it .. no appropriate events before and right after sorting .. Any suggestions?

3) Could confirm that you still dont have Filtering? When it will be available?

4) I'm trying your this.dataGrid.Model.Table.ExpandAll();
this.dataGrid.Model.Table.CollapseAll();

But ExpandAll expand only shows only first and second levels. My test data has 3 levels and third is still collapsed.

However I tried to implement it by my own:

private void Expand_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
//this.SyncFusionDataGrid.Model.Table.ExpandAll();
ExpandCollapseAll( this.SyncFusionDataGrid.Model.Table.Records, true);
}

private void ExpandCollapseAll(IEnumerable records, bool expand)
{
foreach (GridDataRecord record in records)
{
record.IsExpanded = expand ? true : false;

if (null != record.ChildModels)
{
GridDataChildTableModel gridDataChildTableModel = record.ChildModels[0];
ExpandCollapseAll(gridDataChildTableModel.Table.Records, expand);
}

//this.ExpandCollapseAll(record.ChildModels[0], expand);
}
}

And it throws:

System.ArgumentNullException was unhandled
Message="Value cannot be null.\rParameter name: items"
Source="Syncfusion.GridCommon.WPF"
ParamName="items"
StackTrace:
at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.FunctionalExtensions.ForEach[T](IEnumerable items, Action`1 action)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridDataTable.EnsureInitialized()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridDataTable.get_Records()
at SyncFusionDataGrid.HBindingSortingPage.Expand_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in

Any thoughts??

Greg

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2009 09:57 AM UTC

Hi Greg,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products. I will list out the details below,

1) We already have the code implemented for PageUp/PageDown. We currently do not provide options to pass on the derived base grid into the DataGrid wrapper. We will have this considered for our final version.
2) With the latest code base we have done huge performance optimizations. We have included the following properties,

-> IsDefferedScrollingEnabled - Makes the scroll viewer preview the data only when the thumb is released.
-> EnableLazyLoad - Populates the internal data structures on demand.

Both these properties offers huge performance savings if you have very large amount of data. You can check out our next week's development build, (Monday) for checking out on these properties.

3)Yes, we will have the filtering implemented as in Excel by our next major release.

4)We have identified this as a bug. Please create a direct trac incident for checking the progress on this.

Let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

TG Tom Gielow July 23, 2009 04:43 PM UTC

It appears that EnableLazyLoad is NOT a property of GridDataControl....can you help?

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team July 24, 2009 04:36 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. We removed the EnableLazyLoad property in our Vol2 release itself, this is because we made it work with Virtualized data display, and so this property was never needed once we got that working.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon