We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

disable rotation of text in label of lineconnector + disable doubleclickevent of textnode

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating Essential Diagram for asp.net. We need to create a diagram dynamically where the user can move nodes for better layout, but cannot change the represented information. Currently, I'm experiencing two problems:

1. I used the symmetriclayoutmanager to layout textnodes with lineconnectors. The lineconnectors have labels attached. Can I avoid the text being rotated together with my lineconnectors. (see printscreen attached)

2. I want the nodes to be as large as the text included. Since I couldn't realize this by using rectangles with labels (size is fixed and changing the size afterwards made my node disappear), I used Textnodes. Since the text of the nodes can't be changed, I would like to disable the doubleclick. How can this be done? I already set the property readonly to true.

thanks,
Ilse

(VS 2008, .net framework 3.5, essential diagram 7.103.0.30)

diagramquestion_f2d22d71.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2009 01:54 PM UTC

Hi Ilse,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have analyzed the issues you have mentioned. For the first issue i have created a sample in which i have customized the label control to prevent the text from being drawn upside down.
The link to download the sample is provided below.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Diagram.Web/Forums/F80107/main.htm

And for the second issue the node resizing according to the label text size and also the disabling "textnode" editing, there is already a "Feature Request" for these issues and it will be implemented very soon.

Regards,
Dinesh.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon