We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Creating a dynamic PDF from existing form and allowing user input

I am completely new to this development scenario, just to preface this topic. I have lots of pdf's that I am generating currently out of the report designer through VS2008 and find the environment to be incredibly restrictive, especially considering my attempt to really push a dynamic form with good graphics. I am writing this in VB/ASP.net

In this current situation, I've got a really long document (~15pages). In this document there are fields that will be filled out on the server side with pertinent data and there will also be the need to then pass on this form to a user to fill out and store.

I have no idea where to even begin in regards to prepping the initial pdf form for use with EssentialPDF. I have looked at samples, but I am not simply wanting to build a pdf from nothing and I can't find anything in regards to populating data from sessions and the SQL server.

I would like to invest in this app if it does what I need, especially with the charts and graphical capabilities on the server side.

Thank you for any information you may be able to share...the more the merrier!

1 Reply

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team March 11, 2009 12:31 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You can load an existing PDF document (using PdfLoadedDocument) and fill the fields by identifying them using the filed name or index. Please go through our online sample in the link below that explains the same:

http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.1.0.30/web/pdf.web/samples/3.5/Modify%20Documents/Form%20Filling/VB/default.aspx

Also, please go through our samples under the Graphics category that explains how to draw graphics using Essential PDF:
http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/7.1.0.30/web/pdf.web/samples/3.5/Default.aspx

Please try this and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon