We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disable multiple rows/columns in a FlowLayout

Is there any way to force a FlowLayout to only use 1 row/column? I have half a dozen panels all of a different sizes that I'd like to layout in a strictly verticle fashion. I also need to be able to hide any of the panels at any time allowing the other panels to be rearranged to hide the gap. I am currently using a large right side margin so that when my app is maximized the flow layout doesnt start using two columns. Is there a better way? If not might I suggest a property for this?

6 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 09:23 PM UTC

Hi Brian, Have you taken a look at the FlowLayOut sample located in the Essential Suite\Tools\samples\Layout Manager Package\Advanced\FlowLayout directory? This is again a work around to what you are trying to do, as currently there is no way of specifying something like a column layout. Regards Arun

RO Rob Oesch July 20, 2005 06:34 PM UTC

This works as long as the AutoLayout Property is set to False. Setting it to True allows the controls to adjust when others are made visible and invisible. With AutoLayout set to True, two columns are formed even when the Panel is only wide enough for one column. Any ideas? Thanks! Rob >Hi Brian, > >Have you taken a look at the FlowLayOut sample located in the Essential Suite\Tools\samples\Layout Manager Package\Advanced\FlowLayout directory? > >This is again a work around to what you are trying to do, as currently there is no way of specifying something like a column layout. > >Regards >Arun >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 22, 2005 03:59 PM UTC

Hi Rob, I attempted to reproduce this by changing the setting of AutoLayout in the AdvancedFlowLayout sample. I was unable to do so. Would it be possible for you to provide me a sample, or a list of additional things you''re doing differently? Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

RO Rob Oesch April 12, 2006 11:46 PM UTC

First, I need to apologize for the long delay! Okay, so I''ve attached a modified version of the AdvancedFlowLayout Solution (vs 2003). This accurately represents our problem. There is also a Word Document that contains screenshots of DesignMode, and the Form during run time. The goal is to have all controls lined up in one column. Everything looks fine in DesignMode for Form1.cs. I have set flowLayout1.AutoLayout = False. Start the application, and the form now has multiple columns. Are there additional settings that need to be changed? >Hi Rob, > > I attempted to reproduce this by changing the setting of AutoLayout in the AdvancedFlowLayout sample. I was unable to do so. Would it be possible for you to provide me a sample, or a list of additional things you''re doing differently? > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

ModifiedAdvancedFlowLayout.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Brian, Thanks for attaching the sample and a screenshot. As per my understanding from your previous update, your need is to set all the controls in a single column when FlowLayout.AutoLayout is set to false. In the AdvancedLayout sample, the mutiple column is set according to the panel''s width. You could try setting the possibleColumns to zero in the DetermineLayoutHeight method. I here with attach a sample for your reference: private int DetermineLayoutHeight() { ... int possibleColumns = 0; ... } Layout.zip Please take a look and let me know if this meets your requirements. Best Regards, Seetha

RO Rob Oesch April 14, 2006 09:28 PM UTC

Seetha, That worked! We are using FlowLayout inside of a custom control inheriting XPTaskBarBox. So I had one final step to maintain the appropriate height as we make child controls visible and not visible. Thanks again for your help! Rob >Hi Brian, > >Thanks for attaching the sample and a screenshot. As per my understanding from your previous update, your need is to set all the controls in a single column when FlowLayout.AutoLayout is set to false. > >In the AdvancedLayout sample, the mutiple column is set according to the panel''s width. > >You could try setting the possibleColumns to zero in the DetermineLayoutHeight method. I here with attach a sample for your reference: > > >private int DetermineLayoutHeight() >{ > ... > int possibleColumns = 0; > ... >} > > >Layout.zip > >Please take a look and let me know if this meets your requirements. > >Best Regards, >Seetha > >

sampleFlowLayoutCode.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon