We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PopupControlContainer CloseUp problem

Hi,
I'm using Syncfusion 6.303.0.6 PopupControlContainer with .net 3.5 on winXP.

I defined a PopupControlContainer control containing a winforms combobox, a Syncfusion comboboxadv and a button to close the PopupControlContainer (see attached sample).
The PopupControlContainer control gets opened by a button click.
During implementation and testing I discovered some strange behaviour.

If the PopupControlContainer control is shown it gets closed the instance I click on the Syncfusions comboboxadv dropdown button. But this doesn't happen if I click the winforms combobox dropdown button.

Why is this happening? Is this a bug? Are there any known workarounds for this issue?

Yours

Christian.

PopupControlContainerTest_774da97a.zip

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2009 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Placing ComboBoxBase control within a PopupControlContainer such that the PopupControlContainer does not close when the ComboBoxBase’s popup is displayed

Please refer the KB article below that discusses this issue and let me know if this helps you.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=68

Regards,
Jaya

DW dwedewdew March 6, 2009 01:28 PM UTC

Helps almost.

However, the Syncfusion combobox dropdown portion stays open if clicking on any other control within the PopupControlContainer control.
You can easily reproduce this with the sample.

Yours

Christian.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2009 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the update.

Please find the modified sample from the link below and let me know if this helps you.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Tools.Windows/7.1.0.21/54074/Tools_WF_ComboBoxInPopUp_GotFocus.zip

Regards,
Jaya

DW dwedewdew March 12, 2009 10:07 AM UTC

Works fine. Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2009 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the update.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Jaya

GD Gurbhej Dhillon January 6, 2010 10:27 PM UTC

Hi,

Was this ever resolved without the workaround? I am still seeing the same behavior in v7.3

Also is there a way to close the popup when the control loses focus other than handling the gotfocus event for all the controls in the main form? I don’t think that is an acceptable workaround.

Thanks,

Gurbhej

RM Raman Mishra July 14, 2015 09:25 AM UTC

I get a 404 when I try to access the link...
Issue : the dropdown pop does not close when I cilck some where (other than drop down) on the window

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team July 17, 2015 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Raman,

Thank you for your update.

We have prepared the sample, based on the reported requirement to display the comboboxBase in PopupContainerControl and it can be downloaded from the below location.

Sample Location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/79961/ze/ComboBox2128148633

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Senthil

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon