We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager caption button click event question

Hi -
We have derived the DockingManager and use it to manage a left-docked control and a bottom-docked control on our pages. I have added a custom captionbutton at the derived class level. How can i tell in the caption button's click event which docked control the user was interacting with? There is nothing in the event args to tell which control or dockstyle triggered the event.

We are on syncfusion version 5.2.0.25.
Thanks,
Julie

4 Replies

JL Julie Levy February 24, 2009 08:07 PM UTC

Nevermind.. i realize that i need separate buttons for each control.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2009 05:12 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update.

You can also write code for each control in caption button's click event by checking whether particular docked control is focused as follows.

[C#]

// Different MessageBox will be displayed when pin button of docked controls are clicked.

void pin_captionbutton_Click(object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
{
if (this.listBox1.Focused)
{
MessageBox.Show("pin button clicked in listbox");
}

if (this.panel1.Focused)
{
MessageBox.Show("pin button clicked in panel");
}

}

Regards,
Jaya

JL Julie Levy March 4, 2009 06:18 PM UTC

Thanks for your response. The problem is that i want some handling for the click event in the derived control, not on every page in our product. I don't have a reference to the docked control which originated the event unless the event gives it to me.
But i figured out how to do it with two buttons which i need anyway.
Thanks,
Julie

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 5, 2009 04:51 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon