We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Designer error

Hi,

.Net version 2.0
Visual Studio -2008

Recently I migrated my application from Syncfusion 4.4.0.51 to latest version 7.1.0.21. I installed this in a new machine which does not have the old syncfusion versions. I am able to compile and run my application without errors but for few forms I am getting errors in the designer. For example, I am getting the following errors.

) Object of type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelColWidthsIndexer' cannot be converted to type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelRowColSizeIndexer'
b)Object of type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelHideColsIndexer' cannot be converted to type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelHideRowColsIndexer'
c) Object of type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelRowHeightsIndexer' cannot be converted to type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelRowColSizeIndexer'.

Kindly let me know how to fix them or whether I have to run some utility to migrate these.

-Rohith

8 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team February 24, 2009 08:32 AM UTC

Hi Rohith,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please refer to the following zip file that shows some steps to migrate resources of existing application to work with specific version.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.1.0.21/F79669.zip

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Rajadurai

DC DUPRohith Chinnaswamy February 26, 2009 10:41 AM UTC

Thanks for the response.

When I run the migration utility and convert the resx file, I am getting the following error. I have also attached the screen shot of the error window. Below is the error text.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=7.102.0.21, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=7.102.0.21, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'
at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ConvertResX
Assembly Version: 1.0.3514.19100
Win32 Version: 1.0.3514.19100
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Syncfusion/Essential%20Studio/7.1.0.21/Utilities/Migration/2.0/ConvertResX.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

RS Ramani S Syncfusion Team February 26, 2009 06:06 PM UTC

>Thanks for the response.

When I run the migration utility and convert the resx file, I am getting the following error. I have also attached the screen shot of the error window. Below is the error text.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=7.102.0.21, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=7.102.0.21, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'
at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
ConvertResX
Assembly Version: 1.0.3514.19100
Win32 Version: 1.0.3514.19100
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Syncfusion/Essential%20Studio/7.1.0.21/Utilities/Migration/2.0/ConvertResX.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi Rohit,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please see the base version number text box in that utility it should be 7.102.0.21. If there are any other version number then that may cause this. Also ensure if you have Syncfusion.Shared.Base dll is there in GAC.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Ramani

DC DUPRohith Chinnaswamy February 27, 2009 04:06 AM UTC

Thanks Ramani. I have the correct version number in the utility. But I could not find this Syncfusion.Shared.Base dll in GAC. But I could see other assemblies like Syncfusion.Shared.WPF and grid related dlls in the GAC. Is there an option that I should choose when installing syncfusion to place all related dlls in GAC?

-Rohith

Hi Rohit,

Please see the base version number text box in that utility it should be 7.102.0.21. If there are any other version number then that may cause this. Also ensure if you have Syncfusion.Shared.Base dll is there in GAC.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Ramani

DC DUPRohith Chinnaswamy February 27, 2009 04:50 AM UTC

Ramani,

I have placed the Syncfusion.Shared.Base dll in the GAC and ran the utility. Now when I choose the file and click convert option it has given a serialization exception in the bottom of the window and also shows me a message box with usage options. Attached the screenshot of the error. The file that i chose was renamed to x.resx.old but i do not see a new file.

>Thanks Ramani. I have the correct version number in the utility. But I could not find this Syncfusion.Shared.Base dll in GAC. But I could see other assemblies like Syncfusion.Shared.WPF and grid related dlls in the GAC. Is there an option that I should choose when installing syncfusion to place all related dlls in GAC?

-

DC DUPRohith Chinnaswamy February 27, 2009 05:48 AM UTC

Oops..I missed the attachment.

DC DUPRohith Chinnaswamy February 27, 2009 05:50 AM UTC

There's some problem with attaching the file..

error_9e0f6f7e.zip

RS Ramani S Syncfusion Team March 2, 2009 07:14 AM UTC

Hi Rohit,

Could you please try the below link to download the convert resx utility. It has got both 2.0 and 3.5 ,since you are using 2.0 please replace the utility which is in 2.0 folder to the location [Installed Drive:]\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\7.1.0.21\Utilities\Migration\2.0

ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/essentialstudio/v7.1.0.21/convertresx.zip
Then open the utility and try. Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Ramani

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon