We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Header Grouping

Hi,

I have a Grid.Grouping and I need to set the headers in specific locations.

Pic 1 is what I need and Pic 2 is what I was able to do.

I can't find a way to use the GridStacked for a 3rd row of headers and I'm having problem using the GridSet to have the first column header span on multiple row.

Is this even possible with the GridGrouping?

grid_header_2404df5e.zip

5 Replies

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team February 13, 2009 01:59 PM UTC

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Essential GridGroupingControl provides built-in support for Stacked Multiheaders. This feature allows you to create additional header rows that span across visible grid columns. You can group some columns under each header row. It also supports drag / drop of these header rows. Grouped columns will also be rearranged along with the header.

Please refer to the browser sample in the following location.

\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.3.0.24\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\FeaturedSamples\StackedMultiheaders\cs

Let me know if this serve your needs.

Regards,
Nisha.

S_ Stephane _ February 13, 2009 04:17 PM UTC

After reading your message, the solution popped up in my head.

To create the 3rd header, I tried to group GridStackedHeader but I just had to group column again and the grid took care of everything.

The only thing left is having the first column span on 3 row.
Is there a sample that could help me out?

NA Nisha Arockiya A Syncfusion Team February 16, 2009 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for the Update.

Use the TableModel.CoveredRanges property of the grid to set the covered ranges in a grid.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.CoveredRanges.Add(GridRangeInfo.Cells(2,3,3,3));

Please try and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nisha.

S_ Stephane _ February 16, 2009 03:07 PM UTC

Thanks for all that help!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2009 06:30 PM UTC

Hi Nisha,

I am looking for something similar.Do you know if these stacked headers can be collapsed or expanded.What i mean is when u collapse the stacked header it just shows us a + sign and by clicking on this the columns expand.

thanks
-Gurtaran

>Thanks for all that help!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon