We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SettingFile error

Hi, I set the SettingFile of an editcontrol to "VBScript.ini" editcontrol1.SettingFile = "VBScript"; but an exception of "Input string was not in a correct format" is keep being thrown. Do you have any idea why this happens? Thank you.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 15, 2003 09:57 AM UTC

Hi Linh, Please use the code given below for this purpose: this.editControl1.SettingFile = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl.VBScriptIni; You could also specify SettingFile as follows : this.editControl1.SettingFile = "VBScript.ini"; But in this case, please make sure that the VBScript.ini configuration file is present in the \bin\Debug directory of your project folder. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 03:07 AM UTC

Hi Guru Patwal Thanks for your response. However, I did put the ini file in the Debug directory but it doesn't work. Not the enum style either. Especially, I experience the exception of "Input was not in a correct format" at the line: editControl.SettingFile = "VBScript.ini"; Do you have any idea why? Thanks. > Hi Linh, > > Please use the code given below for this purpose: > this.editControl1.SettingFile = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl.VBScriptIni; > > You could also specify SettingFile as follows : > this.editControl1.SettingFile = "VBScript.ini"; > > But in this case, please make sure that the VBScript.ini configuration file is present in the \bin\Debug directory of your project folder. > > Regards, > Guru Patwal > Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Linh, I have attached a sample application which shows how this can be done. Please take a look at it and let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal.

IG iliyan georgiev April 6, 2004 08:52 AM UTC

Hi, I have the same problem but when trying to use an embedded custom settings file. An exception is being thrown that also says the same as above. I do everything right - add the .ini file to the project and set the property to "Embedded resource". And I wonder what does the "The class used to extract the resource." mean? In the examples in the suite the type is set to fypeof(Form1) and everything works ok. I don''t use the control in the main form. I tried to set the ''type'' parameter to the type of the main form and to the type of the container form but it still throws the exception. What could be wrong?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2004 06:30 PM UTC

Hi Iliyan Did you take a look at this sample posted by Guru in the earlier update? Have you taken a look at the EmbeddedIniFile or the SettingsDemo samples that ships with Essential Edit? Are you able to reproduce this in an Essential Edit sample? Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon