We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Merging a large number of PDF documents into one

I am merging a large number of PDFs into one - possibly up to 10000 files. Each file is up to 6 pages long. My initial approach was to build a string array with as many elements as have file names and pass it to the Merge method. However, I am afraid that this way would overload the memory (this merge functionality is running as a service inside BizTalk) plus it could crash due to any one file having a problem, and would not know which.

Is it safer/more memory-efficient to merge files one by one, always adding a single file to an ever-growing file that is a result of previous merges?

Is it by any chance more memory-efficient to use ImportPage or Pages.Insert?

Thanks!

2 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team January 22, 2009 12:52 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

It is more efficient to use Merge method that Import Page or Pages.Insert. However, we will check with our development team regarding the merging one by one or merging all the files.

Regards,
Geetha

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team January 23, 2009 08:29 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

Our development team has also suggested merging with lesser number of documents at a time.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon