We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hiding graph data

Hello,
I'm not sure how to solve following problem with XlsIO. There are graphs on worksheet using data from some ranges on it. User doesn't want to print the graph data however. How to hide it in a best way ? I mean, I want the data stay on the sheet. Maybe white font color? But what if user changes background color (is any way to read actual sheet background color?)? Best if the data could be visible in worksheet but not in printed version.

thanks
Tomek

2 Replies

T( Tomasz (Tomek)Borucki January 21, 2009 04:55 PM UTC

After better testing, in fact white font is not the good solution, because Excel prints just empty sheets... So actually no idea how to solve it (except not printing data on sheet at all)

Tomek

>Hello,
I'm not sure how to solve following problem with XlsIO. There are graphs on worksheet using data from some ranges on it. User doesn't want to print the graph data however. How to hide it in a best way ? I mean, I want the data stay on the sheet. Maybe white font color? But what if user changes background color (is any way to read actual sheet background color?)? Best if the data could be visible in worksheet but not in printed version.

thanks
Tomek

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team January 22, 2009 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Tomek,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Yes. It is possible to print selected areas of any worksheet using the code snippet given below:

sheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$E$11";

Please refer to the sample demonstrating the same in the below link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/F79077/main.htm

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon