We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Autoindent problem

There appears to be some sort of problem with the autoindent feature. This works perfectly (smart indent with {} as the smart indent characters) so long as a fixed pitch font is selected (Courier New for example). If I switch to a proportional font (Tahoma) the autoindent function goes badly wrong, adding mixtures of tab and space characters which do not line up instead of tabs only as it does with fixed fonts. Any help would be appreciated David Loomes

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2003 03:12 PM UTC

Hi David, I have tested for this issue using the sample attached in version 1.6.1.6, but was unable observe the above mentioned behavior. The smart indent with {} as smart indent characters worked fine both in Courier New as well as Tahoma font. I would appreciate if you could modify this sample application to show the error and please let me know the steps to reproduce it so that we could further investigate this. Thanks for your cooperation on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion Inc.

DL David Loomes October 14, 2003 08:38 PM UTC

Guru, Many thanks for your efforts. Firstly, I am using Visual Studio 2003, so your project file got converted when I loaded it. Second, I had to set StartWithNewFile to true before I could type anything. Then I selected Tahoma and entered the following function(x, y) { if (x < y) { x = y; } else { y = x; } } The code example above was copied straight from Essential Edit and pasted into this e-mail. As I hope you can see, the indents don't line up and are a mixture of tabs and spaces. With Courier New, only tabs are used and the result is what you would expect. Regards David Loomes ps I am using 1.6.1.0

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 12:32 PM UTC

Hi David, Thanks for the update and the code snippet. I could observe this indentation error when I tested this in VS.NET 2003 using Essential Edit version 1.6.1.0. This is a bug in our EditControl and QA Report (Id# 315) has been logged in this regard. We will try our very best to fix this bug at the earliest and include this bugfix in our future releases. I have also informed the Essential Edit Development Team about this problem and will keep you updated regarding the developments. Thanks for your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon