We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Intelliscene for custom objects?

Hi, how would i go about creating a way to show custom options for a custom object using intelliscence... Let me explain.

Say i have an object already defined like "Car".

when a user types something like...
Car my_car = new Car;

I want the configurator to recognise that this is my custom object and then when the user types "my_car.", the context box drops down giving me options like colour, model, name, number of doors, etc.

I hope this feature is possible, thats the whole reason this product appealed to me.

Thanks, David

6 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team January 16, 2009 12:06 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

To display context choice for the custom class instance, we need to trace the objects of the custom class and store it and then need to display the context choice accordingly. I have created a simple sample that traces out the instances of Car class and will display context choice when we press '.' after the Car instance. Please refer to the sample in the following link that illustrates this:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F78974/Main.htm

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

DA David February 14, 2009 02:56 PM UTC

Thanks that looks good, but it still doesnt include some functionality. If the Car object is erased, and i still press . it will still load the properties.

Also if i rename the Car object and still use the existing name eg(oldname.), it still shows the properties for the old name, not the new one.

This seems pretty complicated.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team February 17, 2009 10:42 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your update.

Add ability to the parser to recognize any variable/object /method's status when the loaded file is modified.

On our initial analysis we have found that the above issue could be a feature request. We have forwarded this to our developers for more analysis. We will getback to you on or before February 24th 2009.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team February 25, 2009 11:50 AM UTC

HI David,

Thank you for your patience.

Currently we do not provide support to 'Add ability to the parser to recognize any variable/object /method's status when the loaded file is modified'. This has been confirmed as a Feature Request.

We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Fathima

DA David July 22, 2009 12:50 AM UTC

Hi, was this feature ever worked on or included in an update?

It would be great to add custom classes.

KN Karikalan Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 1, 2010 06:13 AM UTC

Hi David,

I regret for the long delay in responding to this forum.

Thank you for bringing this feature to our attention. The “Add ability to the parser to recognize any variable/object /method's status when the loaded file is modified” is a nice to have.

We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Let me know if you have any concern on this.

Thanks,
Karikalan N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon