We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Data grouping

5 Replies

KI Kis October 14, 2003 06:03 AM UTC

I use the property gridControl1.Model.PopulateValues(...) to binding a datasource to a gridcontrol,if I can handle the grouping data in the datasource?just like to do some Sum or count in the datasource by some grouping fields.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 15, 2003 11:18 AM UTC

Grouping statistics will be supported in the 2.0 release. In the current 1.6 code base, if you populate using PopulateValues, you could later insert a row or rows using grid.Rows.InsertRange method. After that inserting the row in the proper position, you would have to populate it directly with the statistics you want to see.

KI Kis October 15, 2003 10:35 PM UTC

But in the datasource, I don't know which row I will insert?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 08:11 AM UTC

If you use PopulateValues, then you have a GridControl that actually holds the data. Once the grid is populated, there is no further need for the datasource (unless you are trying to edit data in the grid, and then need to move the changes back to the datasource). I was suggesting that you insert the new rows in the grid, and not in the datasource. Is there any need to have the summary information to be in your datasource?

KI Kis October 17, 2003 06:04 AM UTC

thanks,I know it now!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon