We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TabbedMDIManager automatically maximizes forms

The TabbedMDIManager automatically maximizes the attached MDI forms. I want to have the MDI tabs only as a replacement for the MDI window list, so that the forms are not automatically maximized. Is that possible? Kindest regards, Holger Persch

10 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 14, 2003 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Holger, Kindly take a looked at the TabbedMDI sample located at: Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Tools\samples\Tabbed MDI Package\TabbedMDI. If you run the sample and click on the Windows menu, you have options to control the display the child forms. Regards, Arun

HP Holger Persch October 16, 2003 03:03 AM UTC

Hi Arun, You are right, but if I cascade the windows the MDI tabs are disappearing. I want the MDI tabs to stay visible and nevertheless have the MDI child windows for example being cascaded. Kindest regards, Holger

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 16, 2003 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Holger Yes, the tabs will disappear in the cascade mode. Sorry, the behaviour you are looking for, namely displaying tabs when the mdi child forms are cascaded is not supported. Regards, Arun

HP Holger Persch October 17, 2003 02:49 AM UTC

Hi Arun, Will it be supported in a future version? If not, I will have a look into the sources and try to implement it into a derived class. Kindest Regards, Holger

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 17, 2003 06:07 PM UTC

Hi Holger, Can you give us more information on this issue. Currently when set to casade, the tabs disappear and the mdi-child tabs cascade inside the mdi parent. What do you expect in this scenario? Regards, Arun

HP Holger Persch October 21, 2003 03:03 AM UTC

Hi Arun, I'm on the way to rewrite our "Energy Data Warehouse" client application, that was written with VC++, MFC and BCGSoft's BCGControlBar library, using C# and your Essential Suite libary. The BCGControlBar library handles the "MDI-Tabs" merely as a kind of an additional MDI child window list and the MDI child windows are not forced to fill up the MDI parent window's client space. Please have a look to the attached screenshot.

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team October 21, 2003 08:32 PM UTC

Hi Holger, The Essential Tools team will treat this as a feature request and take it into consideration for a future release. Thank you for your feedback. Regards, Arun

HP Holger Persch October 22, 2003 03:33 AM UTC

Hi Arun, Many thanks, I really appreciate this. I don't like to bother you, but can you give me a hint to the time frame to include this feature into the library. Regards, Holger

HP Holger Persch June 1, 2004 09:05 AM UTC

Hi, Any news regarding this? Regards, Holger Persch

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2004 08:20 PM UTC

Hi Holger, I am afraid, this QA report (#490) has not been addressed yet. I have notified the develeopment team once again in this regard, and have upped the priority of this QA report. Though I am unable to promise you any turnaround time on this, we will try our very best to implement this feature at the earliest. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon