We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Show points values

Hi all,

I was wondering it is possible to display the values on series line in linechart. i.e. when mouse arrow touches line it displays coordinates at that perticuler point.please have a look at image for better understanding of my problem.

graphshowpoint_d05fd07d.zip

10 Replies

PJ Pavithra J Syncfusion Team December 29, 2008 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Yuvraj,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

ChartSeriesAnnotation of ChartSeries class will do best in this scenario. For your reference we have created a sample on this and you can download it from the below given link,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/WPF/Forum78742/ChartSeriesMouseDownPoint.zip

Here, we have added the appropriate co-ordinate value to the Description property of ChartSeriesAnnotation.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Pavithra.J

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 29, 2008 12:01 PM UTC

thanks a lot

i think this will work

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2008 02:17 AM UTC

Hi ,

it is not working properly when more than one series is visible

Yuvraj

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2008 03:31 AM UTC

Hi,

previous message countinued...

how can i remove template(which shows X: 12 ,Y : 23 on chart area) shown by clicking on chart area.

Yuvraj

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2008 05:03 AM UTC

Also example you have provided uses MouseLeftButtonDown (single click) event handler, but you have to double click to show coordinates what could be the cause. if possible can you please use attached example to show value for all series visible.

Yuvraj

MultipleAxes_WithLegendItemsRemoved_f0f8b5_235f6e47.zip

PJ Pavithra J Syncfusion Team December 30, 2008 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Yuvraj,

Yes we could see the issue with the sample when more than one series has been added. This could be solved by fetching the points for displaying the annotation with the Series MouseDown alone.

We have modified the sample in such a way that the annotation works fine with two series. You can get the modified sample from the below given link,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/WPF/SeriesDownPoints/F78742.zip

Currently we don't have the facility to remove the annotation template. But you can modifiy the template so that the data alone will be made visible

Please let us know if you have any queries

Regards,
Pavithra.J

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 31, 2008 12:14 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks again .... and here comes one more question he he

in my last message i think i was not clear, what i want is whenever i click any where on chart area other than series the data (i.e. coordinates)gets removed or in visible means only one coordinate should be visible at a time.

My case :

I have 17 series and check boxs for all to make it visible/not visible. let suppose i have series 3 and series 6 visible currently when i click on one series 3 Showpoints works fine and then when i click series 6 ,the coordinates for series 3 stays thr and another coordinate pops up for series 6.one more problem when i uncheck check box to make series invisible and ckeck again the previous coordinates pops up again. how can i solve this problem.

or is there any way where rather thn clicking series to show point ,i can show under mouse arrow when arrow touches series , coordinates for that perticular points is visible.

Yuvraj

PJ Pavithra J Syncfusion Team December 31, 2008 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Yuvraj,

In the previous sample we have written the code for clearing the annotations inside a series mousedown event. If you just write it under chart area mousedown the annotation will get cleared when ever you click on the Chart Area.

foreach (ChartSeries series1 in this.chart1.Areas[0].Series)
{
if (series1.Annotations != null)
series1.Annotations.Items.Clear();
}

Also, if you want it the annotations to appear on mouse hover, please use the MouseEnter event for Series instead of series mousedown and MouseLeave event for clearing annotation.

Since the Forum is considered as a discussion venue for developers and not the primary source for support you can use your Direct Trac account for our further assistance.

Thanks,
Pavithra.J

BB Bailey Bilt-Kravitz April 8, 2013 05:53 PM UTC

I would like to do the same thing, but your link is no longer valid.

SS Sheik Syed Abthaheer M Syncfusion Team April 10, 2013 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Bailey,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Please find the previous sample link below

Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/samples/WPF/SeriesDownPoints/F78742.zip

Please let us know if you have any further assistance.

Regards,

M. Sheik Syed Abthaheer

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon