We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem with font size in text nodes and problem with Model.SizeToContent

Hi,

We have two problems : you can both see them in the provided sample application.

First : The text in text nodes appears bold, and when we change color there are some black borders around it. How can we remove those black borders ?

Second : It seems Model.SizeToContent = True doesn''t work quite well : i the end the size of the model does not fetch the size of the content. How can we do that ?

Thank you for your help.

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2008 10:18 AM UTC

Hello
I meet the same problems with text nodes on a simular code.

Pierre, Did you find a solution to this problem ?
If not, could somebody help ?

>Hi,

We have two problems : you can both see them in the provided sample application.

First : The text in text nodes appears bold, and when we change color there are some black borders around it. How can we remove those black borders ?

Second : It seems Model.SizeToContent = True doesn't work quite well : i the end the size of the model does not fetch the size of the content. How can we do that ?

Thank you for your help.

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team December 18, 2008 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Syl,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

1. I am afraid but I was not able to reproduce this issue. The textNode renders correctly and I don't see any black lines when I change the color.

2. Also, the "SizeToContent" property by default sets a definite default size for it so that it accidentally do not collapse! For the said reason, you were not able to get to see the Model resize it automatically to the content placed below the said default "threshold".

Attached with this mail is my sample file and snapshot.

However, you have any trouble still, then I would be glad if you could also provide us with the snap shot along with your Syncfusion Essential Studio product details with version number.

Let me know if you shall need any further clarifications here.

Happy Coding!

-Ajeet

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team December 18, 2008 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Syl,

1. I am afraid but I was not able to reproduce this issue. The textNode renders correctly and I don't see any black lines when I change the color.

2. Also, the "SizeToContent" property by default sets a definite default size for it so that it accidentally do not collapse! For the said reason, you were not able to get to see the Model resize it automatically to the content placed below the said default "threshold".

However, you have any trouble still, then I would be glad if you could also provide us with the snap shot along with your Syncfusion Essential Studio product details with version number.

Happy Coding!

-Ajeet

Diagram_WF_TextNode_ab4a2b38.zip

DA Dimitri ASHIKHMIN December 19, 2008 06:05 PM UTC

Hello,

The fonts problem is related to the fonts rendering parameters in windows apprearence / effects. When you choose standard, it is ok, when you use "ClearType", it appears in bad shape

The resize problem is about to be finished at our size

Thanks

>Hi Syl,

Happy Coding!

-Ajeet

PC Pierre CHAUSSEE December 19, 2008 06:07 PM UTC

Hi Ajeet,

Thank you for your answer.
Ok, for the first problem, it doesn't matter.

For the other one, I still don't get it.
What do I have to do to make it resizes itself to the content nodes ? I did try this :

Model.SizeToContent = True

Model.DocumentSize = New PageSize(385, 285)

and it did not change anything, could you give me some details on how to activate autosize ?

Thank you.

>Hi Syl,

Happy Coding!

-Ajeet

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team December 20, 2008 06:44 AM UTC

Hi Syl,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. I have logged a defect report against this issue. The defect id is 12832.

I shall keep you updated regarding this issue and shall get back to you on or before 12th January, 2009.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajeet

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team December 20, 2008 07:07 AM UTC

Hi Syl,

Sorry for the wrong update, but this is not a defect. We have a property called Minimum Size in Model class, that ensures the default "Threshold" value size for the Model Document.

Please use the following code snippet for changing the default threshold value:

this.diagram1.Model.MinimumSize = new SizeF(200, 200);
this.diagram1.Model.BoundaryConstraintsEnabled = false;
this.diagram1.Model.SizeToContent = true;

Happy Coding!

- Ajeet

PC Pierre CHAUSSEE December 22, 2008 08:48 AM UTC

Hi Ajeet,

Thank your for your answer, it worked !
I have a last question though, is there anyway I can center the model in the ASP.Net control ?
somehting like Me.DiagramWeb1.View.CenterModel = True
or anything like this ?

Again, thank you,
Pierre

>Hi Syl,

Sorry for the wrong update, but this is not a defect. We have a property called Minimum Size in Model class, that ensures the default "Threshold" value size for the Model Document.

Please use the following code snippet for changing the default threshold value:

this.diagram1.Model.MinimumSize = new SizeF(200, 200);
this.diagram1.Model.BoundaryConstraintsEnabled = false;
this.diagram1.Model.SizeToContent = true;

Happy Coding!

- Ajeet

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team December 23, 2008 05:38 AM UTC

Hi Syl,

The issue is already logged in as a Feature Request. The Feature ID is 3663. That the normal timeline may be around 6 months, I shall keep you updated about the status of the feature always. I shall get back to you with more details on or before 23rd June, 2009.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajeet

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon