We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Chart and legend didn''t show up

Dear All,

After my chart's page is published the chart and legend is showing strange behavior, sometime it show up and sometime it didn't.this is only happens when i using "handler" as the "outputformat" but anytime i using the "diskfile" the picture is drawn/shown perfectly.

i've attached the screen capture for this issue.

Regard's

Irman

no_chart_b2807c5f.zip

9 Replies

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team December 17, 2008 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Irman,

Thanks for the screenshot. I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue. I have tested for this issue by deploying the sample in server and the chart is rendered properly.

Please refer to the sample used for testing this issue in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Web/6.2.0.40/F78525/Sample1.htm

If you are still able to reproduce this issue, Is it possible for you to provide us with the simplified sample that could reproduce this issue from your end. So that it would be more helpful for us to analyze and provide you with the better solution at the earliest.

Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

PK Peter Kovacs March 24, 2009 10:11 AM UTC

Hi guys,

I have the same problem with the ASP.NET chart control. When debugging set to true in the web.config in a normal ASP.NET application, the chart is rendered as an empty picture (all white), but toolbar, context menu, exporting, printing, etc. still works, and exported picture looks correct. When debugging is false, it is rendered correctly.

However, I use the new MVC framework to create a web application, and the problem is the chart is ALWAYS rendered an empty picture in any of the views, but works the way I described earlier (context menu etc.). Setting the debug parameter, or any properties don't help either.

You can verify these issues easily, just add a chart to empty ASP.NET web application, and ASP.NET MVC web application projects, and these issues will show up, when you start debugging.

I use Syncfusion Essential Studio 2009 vol. 1 (7.103.0.30) evaluation version.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Peter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2009 11:20 AM UTC

I just tried asp.net's image control, and it has the same issues, so this is probably not a bug in Syncfusion chart, but a more general issue.

MS Manimala S Syncfusion Team March 24, 2009 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

If the chart control alone is not shown, then the problem might be with the assembly references. In the web.config file just remove all the version attribute of the syncfusion assemblies. This will render the chart correctly.

Kindly, let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Manimala.

PK Peter Kovacs March 25, 2009 12:05 PM UTC

Hi,

if there was a problem with the references, it would generate a compile time error I think. I tried deleting the version attribs, but that didn't help. But as I wrote, other image based controls have the same problem, so I think this is some kind of general issue, not syncfusion chart based.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

MS Manimala S Syncfusion Team March 26, 2009 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Thanks,
Manimala.

PK Peter Kovacs March 27, 2009 11:50 AM UTC

Hi,

one of my co-workers found out what is the problem. Microsoft MVC framework makes extensive use of routing, meaning that the urls don't represent actual path on the server. You must add
routes.IgnoreRoute("{resource}.ashx/{*pathInfo}");
line to MvcApplication class's method RegisterRoutes in Global.asax. This way the httphandler of the chart image won't get routed, and will be displayed.

Peter

PK Peter Kovacs March 27, 2009 11:52 AM UTC

And by MvcApplication class I mean the System.Web.HttpApplication derived class that represents your web application.

MS Manimala S Syncfusion Team March 27, 2009 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

That would be great. Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Manimala.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon