We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Real Time Line Chart With Opposed Y Axis Ans Auto-Scroll

Hi

I am trying to create a real-time chart that looks like those that can be found on Yahoo (see attachment), i.e. the latest value is next to the opposed Y-axis and the Y-axis shows a max/min such that the graph does not attempt to cover any unused values.

The underlying collection that is bound to the series implements IBindingList and data items are simple added to this collection as they arrive.

I know I can achieve this type of effect by setting the Range/DateTimeRange myself. To do this though, I would have to set the Range info on every ListChanged event and maintain my own internal Max/Min values for my collection in order to get the values used range for the Y-axis.

Is there any way of suggesting to the chart control that it does this itself? Or am I doing the correct thing. I guess what I am asking is that is the above method that I have described the most efficient?

Many Thanks

Tareq

YahooChartLGE_ae5c0cd9.zip

2 Replies

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team December 16, 2008 11:38 AM UTC

Hi tareq,

Yes, you are right.Currently we are not supporting automatic range controlled ploting .However i discuss with my team and get back to you regarding this with in two business days.

Thanks,
Venkat.

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team December 18, 2008 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Tareq,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We regret to let you know that currently we do not provide direct support to automatically bind the ChartAxesRange according to the real-time data. The method which you have suggested is the best way to achieve the scrolling effect in Chart Control.

I have attached a sample that illustrates setting DateTimeRange dynamically to achieve scrolling effect in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F78478/Sample1.htm

Please let us know if this meets your requirement. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon