We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Customize Column Charts for multiple series with text labels on x-axis

I have a datatable as shown in attachement.
I have to show a chart as shown in attachment with different series for each product.I face problems in showing groups in x-axis. Also i am unable to plot the correct nos against each group for each series.I tried with many of the samples u have provided. but couldn't get the result. please help me.

ProductAnalysis_96585b39.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2008 10:10 AM UTC

I am doing in vb.net.pls help me with code in vb.net

>I have a datatable as shown in attachement.
I have to show a chart as shown in attachment with different series for each product.I face problems in showing groups in x-axis. Also i am unable to plot the correct nos against each group for each series.I tried with many of the samples u have provided. but couldn't get the result. please help me.

ProductAnalysis_96585b39.zip

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team December 15, 2008 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Reshma,

I regret to let you know that currently we do not provide support for this feature in our code library. We have notified our development team on this regard and will get back to you once we hear back from them.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Venkat.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2008 04:44 AM UTC

Ok Thank u for reply.will be so thankful if i could get its solution as early as possible.

>Hi Reshma,

I regret to let you know that currently we do not provide support for this feature in our code library. We have notified our development team on this regard and will get back to you once we hear back from them.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Venkat.

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team December 20, 2008 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Reshma,

Thanks for your patience.

We regret to inform you that currently do not have direct support for creating Chart As given in the attached Document. However it is possible to achieve this by manipulating the Data using Distinct, Select queries on the Datatable and by creating a datatable with suitable dataTable structure to plot the chart accordingly.

Example:

The given table data can be converted to a suitable DataCollection that could be used with chart control as given below.

Original Data:
Product Group Nos
ABC GRP1 2
ABC GRP2 5
ABC GRP3 3
BDE GRP2 12
BDE GRP3 5
CSG GRP1 9
CSG GRP4 12

1) Get the unique values from Product (Product_DataSet)

ABC
BDE
CSG

2) Get unique values from Group (Group_DataSet)

GRP1
GRP2
GRP3
GRP4

3) Create Chartseries for each Product values by creating DataTable using Group and Nos for particular product. For products ( say BDE) that has missing group values, ( Example, BDE does not contain GRP1 And GRP4 ) new rows has been inserted with missing Group values at appropriate position with 0 values for Nos in the Datable.

I have attached the sample that illustrates the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F78425/Sample1.htm

Please let us know if this meets your requirement. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2009 05:19 AM UTC

As it was an urgent requirement.. I had to give up the idea of putting chart representation.Anyway thanks for your support.It may be useful in any other venture.

Reshma

>Hi Reshma,

Thanks for your patience.

We regret to inform you that currently do not have direct support for creating Chart As given in the attached Document. However it is possible to achieve this by manipulating the Data using Distinct, Select queries on the Datatable and by creating a datatable with suitable dataTable structure to plot the chart accordingly.

Example:

The given table data can be converted to a suitable DataCollection that could be used with chart control as given below.

Original Data:
Product Group Nos
ABC GRP1 2
ABC GRP2 5
ABC GRP3 3
BDE GRP2 12
BDE GRP3 5
CSG GRP1 9
CSG GRP4 12

1) Get the unique values from Product (Product_DataSet)

ABC
BDE
CSG

2) Get unique values from Group (Group_DataSet)

GRP1
GRP2
GRP3
GRP4

3) Create Chartseries for each Product values by creating DataTable using Group and Nos for particular product. For products ( say BDE) that has missing group values, ( Example, BDE does not contain GRP1 And GRP4 ) new rows has been inserted with missing Group values at appropriate position with 0 values for Nos in the Datable.

I have attached the sample that illustrates the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F78425/Sample1.htm

Please let us know if this meets your requirement. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon