We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Communicating with other parts of the web page from events

Hi,

I'm having some trouble communicating with the rest of the web page, from within serverside events triggered by the scheduler control. For example, within the ScheduleClicked event I can not in any way access/manipulate controls on the web page. The only thing that seems to work in this event is altering the properties of the event arguments class. I get the feeling it's because of the scheduler's built-in ajax functionality. Is this normal behavior? If so, how can I, for example, set the Text property of a Literal when clicking the scheduler (or an appointment)? Please send me in the right direction... thanks.

I'm using an evaluation version of ASP.NET scheduler, version 6.4.0.15.

3 Replies

SS Selvavinayagam S Syncfusion Team December 9, 2008 07:36 AM UTC

Hi Michel,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I am able to see the issue of 'Access the rest of the controls in web page' that you have mentioned here. But this can be solved by set the Enablecallbacks of the schedule to true.

Please refer the below code Snippet

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
this.Scheduler1.EnableCallbacks = false;
}

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrate the above.

Sample

In this sample we are using Label and Textbox to shows where you clicked like ScheduleCell or Appointment at he Schedule and Appointment Clicked server side events.

Please let us know if this sample does not fulfill your requirement.

Regards,
Selva.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team December 9, 2008 09:11 AM UTC

Hello Selva,

Setting EnableCallbacks to FALSE seems to work. Thanks! A question however: this property is marked as deprecated and is set to TRUE by default. I'm worried that it will be removed from future versions, and thus will break our application. Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Michel.

>Hi Michel,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I am able to see the issue of 'Access the rest of the controls in web page' that you have mentioned here. But this can be solved by set the Enablecallbacks of the schedule to true.

Please refer the below code Snippet

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
this.Scheduler1.EnableCallbacks = false;
}

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrate the above.

Sample

In this sample we are using Label and Textbox to shows where you clicked like ScheduleCell or Appointment at he Schedule and Appointment Clicked server side events.

Please let us know if this sample does not fulfill your requirement.

Regards,
Selva.

SS Selvavinayagam S Syncfusion Team December 10, 2008 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Michel,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The ' Set default enable callback value to false' has been available in the next release.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Selva.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon