We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SaveCellFormattedText

I created a new windows application, dropped a GridControl on the form. In the properties for this GridControl so did I change ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to DblClickOnCell, and I changed Dock to Fill. Then I created an event for SaveCellFormattedText for this grid. This is all I did. The entire code:

Public Class Form1
Private Sub GridControl1_SaveCellFormattedText(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellTextEventArgs) Handles GridControl1.SaveCellFormattedText

End Sub
End Class

Now, I did a breakpoint on this event and started my application. Typed something into a cell on my grid and pressed enter, and noticed that this event got called twice in a row. Why? I did only type text in one cell.

I'm using Syncfusion 6.4.0.15 and VS2005.

1 Reply

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team December 3, 2008 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Markus,

This is by design. The cell renderer class internally calls style.FormattedText = ControlText to determine the underlying cell value for the display text. This happens before the CurrentCellValidate event is raised and ensures the ControlValue for the renderer is up to date.

Please see the follwing forum thread:

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=20084

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon