We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Legacy Edit

I'm trying to migrate from syncfusion 4.3.0.30 to 6.4.0.15.
My application uses the legacy Edit control, which, it appears, isn't supported anymore.

I can't migrate to the new Edit control right now, so I'm trying to get the old one from v4.3.0.30 working.

I succeeded, indeed, by remapping the reference to the old Syncfusion.Core to the new version via the app.config file. (It seems that Edit depends on this dll only).

My application runs fine, and the only problem is that when it starts it complains about a missing licence, offers to fix it, but to no avail.

I suppose that it is looking for the licence for the 4.3.0.30 version.

I think that that licence was overwritten on my machine when I installed v6.4.0.15.

How can I fix this problem?

3 Replies

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team November 26, 2008 06:24 AM UTC

Hi Raul,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

It appears that this issue could be raised due to some reference problems. Could you please do the below given steps?

1. Manually remove all the Syncfusion assemblies (either 6.4.0.15 or previous versions ) from the following locations.

C:\WINDOWS\assembly - GAC
C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5 - reference assemblies.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies - Common files
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - VS2005 PublicAssemblies
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - VS2008 PublicAssemblies.

2) Copy the 6.4.0.15 assemblies from the following location

{Installed Drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.4.0.15\precompiledassemblies\6.4.0.15\2.0

and manually place it in the above mentioned GAC and Public Assemblies folders.
Copy and paste does not work in GAC so Drag and drop the assemblies from {Installed Drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.4.0.15\precompiledassemblies\6.4.0.15\2.0 to C:\windows\assembly (GAC)

3) Please run the Convert Resx(framework 2.0) utility from the Syncfusion start menu to update all the .resx file in your application

4) Delete the Bin, Obj folder from the application.

5) Open a project in VS2005 and compile it.

Please refer to the below kb will explain this in detail.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=35

Please try this and let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Hema

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 26, 2008 03:31 PM UTC

Well, it worked - on my machine.

As a test, I copied the application, along of course with syncfusion.edit.windows.legacy.dll 4.3.x, Syncfusion.Core.dll 6.4.x and the other necessary dlls, to a coworker's machine which hasn't syncfusion installed.

On that machine the application crashes because it does not find syncfusion.core 6.4.x

Given that the dll is there, I can only suppose that the application is not searching for it in the current dir, but that it fetches it from the GAC (on my machine). But this is in contrast of my understanding of how .net looks for dlls.

Can you help?

Thanks.
Raul

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team December 2, 2008 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Raul,

Thank you for your update.

Please make sure that the following steps has been followed while deploying your application.

If you want to deploy your application using XCopy deployment, You have to keep all the Syncfusion dll's in your local directory and set project reference for your application from local directory with Copy Local =True. After build, all the Dll's and your application exe file will be available under bin directory. Now you can deploy these files in any client machine without installing dll's into GAC.

But if your application referencing Syncfusion assembly from GAC while re-build your application for deployment, the client machine should have assembly in GAC. Otherwise application execution will get failure.

Please refer the document that provides step by step process of deploying an application using "Click Once" deployment in the following link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Click once deployment_ca4dd49b.zip

Please refer the following KB also for more details:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=40

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Hema

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon