We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MultiColumnDropDown how-to get special cell-value

Hi there

I have a MultiColumnDropDown control with a Datatable as datasource. The table shows in col1 the key and in col2 the text of this item. As dropdown-text the col2-value is shown. When a user selects an item, i need to know the key in col1 of the selected item. How can I get this key in clientside (javascript) by the OnSelectedIndexChanged-Event? Item.rowIndex only gives me the selectedIndex, .Text only the col2-Text!

thanks in advance
Sascha

2 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team November 20, 2008 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

As per your scenario, we can get the column1 value only when it is bounded to MultiColumnDropDown and please refer the below code snippet to achieve this using ClientSideOnSelectedIndexChange event,

Also this can be achieved by bounding column2 to the control and column1 as DataTextFormatField and also using CallbackMultiplexer with dynamically bounded columns, so please refer the below link for sample files to achieve this.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/F77870-MulticolumnDropDown.zip

Please let me know if this sample helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2008 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Subhasheela

I jus want to know are you from kumbakonam and is ther any product you guys providing for conversion?

Can anyone of you help me out please?

Rajesh

>Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

As per your scenario, we can get the column1 value only when it is bounded to MultiColumnDropDown and please refer the below code snippet to achieve this using ClientSideOnSelectedIndexChange event,

Also this can be achieved by bounding column2 to the control and column1 as DataTextFormatField and also using CallbackMultiplexer with dynamically bounded columns, so please refer the below link for sample files to achieve this.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/F77870-MulticolumnDropDown.zip

Please let me know if this sample helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon