We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Embedded Web Browser COMException

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? I put Internet Exporer in a UserControl derived class and added this control to a form. When the form initializes at startup I get the following exception: A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll Additional information: Unknown error The IE activeX control was added to my VStudio Toolbox via "Customise toolbox...". I selected \winnt\system32\shdocvw.dll. The version of this DLL is 6.0.2716.1500, last modified 4/15/2002, file size 1,336,320 bytes. I can delete this browser from my user control, re-compile, and my app runs. I add it back, and this error occurs again on startup. This exception is thrown in my user control's InitializeComponent() method on the following line: ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.axWebBrowser1)).EndInit(); I created a smaller stand-alone app with similar UI components and it runs fine :-( Has anyone else experienced this? -Roy

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2002 03:00 PM UTC

Roy, I have seen this before. But don't have any resolution for it. I remember that if you just remove the BeginInit and EndInit the app should work fine. Don't know if there are other issues when you do this. -Praveen

KL Keith Lubell September 24, 2003 11:49 AM UTC

Oh yes I have seen this. It is very annoying because, on a little test app. I do not see the problem. Then, in my big memory hungry app, I see the problem. I tried moving the forms that use it to a DLL, but to no avail. I finally put catch's around the failing statements. Seem to work, but I am not happy. I assume it is timing and memory related. > Has anyone seen this behaviour before? I put Internet Exporer in a UserControl derived class and added this control to a form. When the form initializes at startup I get the following exception: > > A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll > > Additional information: Unknown error > > The IE activeX control was added to my VStudio Toolbox via "Customise toolbox...". I selected \winnt\system32\shdocvw.dll. The version of this DLL is 6.0.2716.1500, last modified 4/15/2002, file size 1,336,320 bytes. > > I can delete this browser from my user control, re-compile, and my app runs. I add it back, and this error occurs again on startup. This exception is thrown in my user control's InitializeComponent() method on the following line: > > ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.axWebBrowser1)).EndInit(); > > I created a smaller stand-alone app with similar UI components and it runs fine :-( Has anyone else experienced this? > > -Roy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon