We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Question about "VirtTree Grid" Sample

Hello,

I have one question about the "VirtTree Grid" sample, in my application the cells editions are made in all columns, in this sample the edition is not possible in "A" column, this sample is very like my real case.

I try to change it for enable edition like other cells of grid, in the sample, are created two rectangles for ident level and tree layout, I think that it's problem, is possible (with this sample) enable the "A" column for edit like other columns (without lost tree layout)? Other good solution for it? If possible, send one sample.
Wait one reply, this item is very important.

Thanks

4 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team November 14, 2008 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Rossa,

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion Products.

There are more straight-forward ways of doing what you want through the use of hierarchical GridDataBoundGrid. Please refer the sample in the following location:

..\\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.3.0.30\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\DataBound\Hierarchical\GDBGTreeLines

Regards,
Jisha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2008 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Jisha,

Thanks, Ok, this other sample (GDBG Tree Lines) uses DataSet/DataTable and relations for generate the tree, my application not have one data relation (like datatable or dataset), is only layout and my "relations" are created on runtime, my custom code is the manager of relations.

This sample that I have mentioned is very like my real case, but my problem with this, is the column "A", when the tree is created this column is not enable for edit on "DoubleClick" like other columns of grid, is possible enabled this column? other solution for like use?

I see in code that tree type cells (in "VirtTree Grid"), contains two rectangles for ident levels in "A" column, I have made changes to create rectangles (or other object) enable for edit, but no success.
My application need only some solution that is tree/hierarchical layout and values of its is editable.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 17, 2008 06:52 PM UTC

Hello,

Some solution?

Thanks for all help.

>Hi Jisha,

Thanks, Ok, this other sample (GDBG Tree Lines) uses DataSet/DataTable and relations for generate the tree, my application not have one data relation (like datatable or dataset), is only layout and my "relations" are created on runtime, my custom code is the manager of relations.

This sample that I have mentioned is very like my real case, but my problem with this, is the column "A", when the tree is created this column is not enable for edit on "DoubleClick" like other columns of grid, is possible enabled this column? other solution for like use?

I see in code that tree type cells (in "VirtTree Grid"), contains two rectangles for ident levels in "A" column, I have made changes to create rectangles (or other object) enable for edit, but no success.
My application need only some solution that is tree/hierarchical layout and values of its is editable.

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team November 19, 2008 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Rossa,

Please try to derive GridTextBoxCellModel and GridTextBoxCellRenderer instead of GridStaticCellModel and GridStaticCellRenderer.

Please refer the following forum thread.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=38018

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon