We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RelationKind.RelatedMasterDetails relation

Is it possible to acheive a drop-down link on a RelationKind.RelatedMasterDetails relation? In other words, I want to get rid of the nested table and instead have this type of drop down.

Here is a sample of what I would like to acheive:

http://www.syncfusion.com/products/Grid/Windows/features/Data_Binding/images/GDBGcombos.png

Thanks,

Henry

4 Replies

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team November 18, 2008 06:49 PM UTC

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The Child table can be viewed in the DropDown of the parent table Foreign key using ForeignKeyReference.

Please refer the sample in the following location:
\\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.4.0.14\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\RelationsAndHierarchy\ForeignKeyReference

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Nirmal

PA Piyush Aiya July 1, 2009 03:01 PM UTC

Hi Henry,

We have a table with two columns and column 1 has table name as value (database).
Column 2 shows a dropdown grid which shows data for table selected in column 1. I tried adding Relation dynamically but it refreshes the grid and dropdown comes blank.

My question is
1. Is it achievable ?
2. If yes then how ?

It will be grateful if you post some comments regarding the same.

Thanks,
Piyush.

PA Piyush Aiya July 1, 2009 03:05 PM UTC

Hi Henry,

I forgot to put the attachement.

Thanks,
Piyush

syncfusionggc_ae94879.jpg

PA Piyush Aiya July 2, 2009 11:30 AM UTC

Hi Nirmal,

I have marked it by mistake to Henry, Can you please have a look at the posts above and let me know if it is possible.

Thanks,
Piyush

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon