We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types

I recently upgraded from an early essential studio version (4.something) to 6.1.0.34. Many of the grids in my application have comboboxes populated with data that have a NULL as a value since those values are allowed in our Oracle database. This worked fine with previous versions but now, whenever I select the "null" value, this error pops up when I try to change rows:

object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types

Is this issue fixed in the latest version?

3 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team November 10, 2008 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Keith,

We have similar issue in one of our 6.x version. Could you please try our latest version 6.4.0.15 and let me know you still facing the issue?. You can download the same from the below link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

KA Keith Aubin November 29, 2008 08:16 PM UTC

I've tried the latest version and it is still an issue. I'm going to escalate this to a Direct-Trac ticket. Thanks for your help.

>Hi Keith,

We have similar issue in one of our 6.x version. Could you please try our latest version 6.4.0.15 and let me know you still facing the issue?. You can download the same from the below link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2008 12:12 PM UTC

Hi,

After upgrading to 6.4.0.15 from 5.1.1.47,
the same problem has occured for my application.
CellValues are not accepting null values, while try to accepting 'Object reference not set to an instance of object' exception is raising.

Please suggest, how to avoid this exception?

Thanks
Raj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon