We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking manager pinning behavior

Hello, Essential Suite 1.6.1.6 How does the DockingManager determine which control should be the foreground control when the auto-hidden group is pinned open? I have 2 controls (A & B) docked to an edge with a tab group. When I activate (mouse over the tab) the docked group, control A is in the foreground. If I pin the group, control B becomes the foreground control. What is controlling this behavior? Sean

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2003 06:47 PM UTC

Hi Sean, This is not an arbitrary behavior of the tabgroup. By default, always the last tab in the tabgroup will have focus. Hence the last tab will always have focus when they are pinned no matter what the order of the tabs were when they were auto-hidden. This is how it works in VS.NET too. We are aware of this limitation and have a QA report open in this regard. We will try our best to fix this at the earliest and include this feature in our future releases. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion Inc.

SG Sean Greer October 8, 2003 09:21 PM UTC

Guru, Thanks for the update. I do not consider this to be a critical issue, but rather just a curiosity that I noticed. What I wanted to know is if the pinned control is influenced by the order in which the controls are a added to the Form or DockingManager. You answered that question: it's always the last tab that will be focused. Thanks again...I'll wait for the future change. Sean

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon