We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Scrolling diagram programmatically

Hi,

Is there a way to control scroll position in the diagram? To put in simpler words, consider this scenario: I need to implement search in the diagram - for this purpose search panel is displayed outside the diagram area. User enters text to search and system performs search within all diagram nodes. In case system found respective node, the diagram should be adjusted (note that the diagram contains over 100 nodes) so that the searched node will be displayed at the center of diagram. By using scroll user is able to browse all linked to the searched nodes. I guess it can be accomplished by changing scrollbars positions. Could you provide me with explanation of how to achieve this? I will be very grateful

Thanks a lot,
Bork

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 12, 2008 09:28 AM UTC

Hi Bork,

You must be glad that your query is resolved now.

Please follow this link: http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/f77506/main.htm

My sample provided here demonstrates the desired functional behavior of making a search on the nodes with their "name".

When a node is found, the view is automatically scrolled to position the respective node to selection and center to the diagram.

I am sure this will help resolve your query. However, update me if you need any further clarifications in this regard, Thanks!

Regards,
- Ajeet

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2011 01:42 PM UTC

..that link seems to be invalid...

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team February 17, 2011 07:07 AM UTC

Hi Bork,

Thanks for your patience.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have created a simple sample to achieve your requirements and the same can be downloaded from the below link.
Search Node-1652128731.zip

Kindly try the above sample and let me know your concerns.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon