We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

"There is no Original data to access" error on Hierarchical archtical Grid

I have a hierarchical grid that has four levels. The third level down is the only level that can be updated through the grid. Everything works fine, until I add a row to the underlying datatable for this updatable level. The adding is being done through a separate form. Once the row is added, every time I try to update any other row, an "There is no Original data to access" error is thrown. Has anyone seen this problem? I found one entry on this site, but copying the dataset didn't seem to work with what I am doing. Calling AcceptChanges on the dataset is the only thing that helps, but that is not practical in this situation. Thanks for any help, peter

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 8, 2003 06:05 PM UTC

The databound grids implementation does not support adding records to nested levels easily. It is quite a bit cumbersome, but these are things we will correct in 2.0 version with the Grouping grid and support for nested tables. That said I have two initial suggestions: You could try setting the .DataSource = null; and then set again .DataSource = originalDs; The reason for doing this is to force the grid to reset its internal recordstate mappings because they become out of sync. - Or - (better if that works ..) Another idea I do have is to Collapse the parent record for the nested level that you add a row to before you add the new row to the underlying child level. After you added the row the you can Expand the parent record again. That way the recordstate mappings will take the new record count of the child level correctly into consideration. Let me know if that helped. Thanks, Stefan

PE Peter October 9, 2003 11:00 AM UTC

Those didn't seem to do the trick. I'm working in VB, so I tried setting the DS = nothing and back again. I also tried copying the dataset and setting the datasource to the copied dataset and I tried the collapse/expand suggestion. Do you have any other ideas? I'm worried its an dataset thing. I've found a couple issues like this online with master-detail setups with the standard MS grid. Thanks, peter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2003 12:38 PM UTC

Sorry, no other quick ideas. Can you put together a sample project using the NetSDK sample northwind database? I'll debug into it then. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2003 12:39 PM UTC

Or if you can just strip down your app that's also ok of course... Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon