We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Treeview node selection issue

I am using Syncfusion.Tools.Web, Version 6.303.1.8. I have a treeview on a page, populated via server db call. It seems that I can select/expand a tree node by anywhere in the tree. In other words, I can click any of the white space in the tree and have a node either selected or expanded. Is there any way to restrict tree node selection to the text of the node (maybe a couple of pixels surrounding), or to the +/- symbol for expanding and collapsing? So, you would have to click the node text to fire the selected event.

Thanks so much for your help.

5 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team October 31, 2008 06:39 AM UTC

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

In order to make expanding and collapsing the TreeViewNode, the property ExpandOnRowClick="false" is set. If ExpandOnRowClick is set false, then we can expand or collapse a node using only +/- symbol and for event raising we need to select the TreeViewNode text or to its surrounding pixels. Please refer the below link sample files,
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.3.1.8/F77422-TreeView.zip

Please let me know if this sample helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

TD Todd Dill October 31, 2008 05:36 PM UTC

Thanks so much for your help. Unfortuately, the sample you provided didn't solve the problem I was experiencing. Sorry about that, its sort of difficult for me to explain.

The problem I have is with this part:

"for event raising we need to select the TreeViewNode text or to its surrounding pixels"

It's the "surrounding pixels" that I want to address. Is there anyway to restrict node selected event to just the TreeViewNode text and not its surrounding pixels? I'd like to be able to click in the vast white space on the right of the nodes and not have anything selected.

Thanks again and sorry for the trouble.

Todd

>Hi Todd,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

In order to make expanding and collapsing the TreeViewNode, the property ExpandOnRowClick="false" is set. If ExpandOnRowClick is set false, then we can expand or collapse a node using only +/- symbol and for event raising we need to select the TreeViewNode text or to its surrounding pixels. Please refer the below link sample files,
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.3.1.8/F77422-TreeView.zip

Please let me know if this sample helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team November 3, 2008 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Todd,

I am able to reproduce the issue - when white space on the right of the TreeViewNode is clicked, the OnNodeSelect event is getting raised. This issue is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you on this issue on or before 6th November 2008.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team November 10, 2008 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Todd,

The issue with - 'when white space on the right of the TreeViewNode is clicked, the OnNodeSelect event is getting raised' has been confirmed as a defect and our Developers are working on fixing this issue. The fix for this issue is expected to be available on December 2nd 2008 and we will get back to you on the specified date with more details.

Please refer to the following link for the status update on this defect fix.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=12178

Thank you for being patient and please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Rekha

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team December 18, 2008 09:08 AM UTC

Hi Todd,

Thank you for being patient.

We analyzed more on this defect and found that this is the standard behaviour because TreeView in Windows document Explorer and VS 2005 Solution Explorer has this same behaviour of raising events when on the right side of the TreeView node is selected.

So this defect has been confirmed as a feature request and we have logged a request in our feature management system. Our developers are currently working to implement this feature and we will get back to you once this feature is implemented.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon