We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RibbonBar launcher command support

Hi,

I'm just wonder if you can use a "command" with the ribbon bar "launcher" or if you can only perform some action by using the onclick event.

If not do you intend it introduce it at some point?

Darren

6 Replies

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team October 30, 2008 04:02 PM UTC

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

You can make use of the "LauncherClick" event in RibbonBar launcher to perform actions as per your requirements.

Regarding your query on "Commands" Could you please update us with your exact requirements, So that we can try and assist you in giving you out the required feature.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Bala.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 30, 2008 09:56 PM UTC

Hi Bala,

What i'd like is to be able do attach a command to the Launcher Button or a RibbonBar from within XAML.

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Header="Example"
IsLauncherButtonVisible="True"
LauncherCommand="Command">
Command="Command"
CommandParameter="test"/>

Regards,

Darren

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 30, 2008 10:34 PM UTC

Hi Bala,

Having thought about this a bit more I guess a complexity of using a command in the way I described is what happens if the "CanExecute" property of the command equates to "False".

I don't know whether this case violates some guideline with the Launcher.

Regards,
Darren

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team October 31, 2008 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Thanks for your elaborate description, currently it is not possible to attach the commands to the Launcher Button as well as to the Ribbon Bar, but we will consider this as a feature and will add it to our controls at the appropriate time depending our system design and code compatibility requirements.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Bala.

TO Tobias O''Leary August 28, 2009 08:39 AM UTC

Hey Bala,

I think you can do this already.

Command="{Binding MyCommandInMyViewModel}"
/>

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team September 2, 2009 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Tobias,

We have implemented this feature and it would be available in our Vol – 4 release. We will update you once we rolled out our Vol – 4 setup.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
Prabu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon