We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MailMerge and sharepoint''s crawl

Hi all,

I'm using DOCIO's mailmerge function, after merged a word document, I will upload to my sharepoint service, but seems like sharepoint cannot crawl that document's content.

If I open that document, and save as a new document, then upload it again, sharepoint now can crawl its content.

I dunno whether I missed something to set.

10 Replies

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team October 30, 2008 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Tam,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am unable to reproduce the issue. I am able to create the mail merge document without any document corrupt in the Sharepoint environment. Could you please provide your Office version and the upload steps to reproduce the issue in our end, it would be helpful for us to investigate more on this issue.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

TA Tam November 3, 2008 02:09 AM UTC

Hi Bhuvana,

I'm using office 2007, and syncfusion version is 6.102.0.34

My step is:
1. Get word template stream by webservice.
2. Use the following method to excute mail merge:
WordDocument doc = new WordDocument();
doc.Open(tempStream, FormatType.Doc);
doc.MailMerge.Execute(dataTable);
doc.Save(filePath, FormatType.Doc);

3. After the word document was generated on client's machine, then I use webservice to upload a copy to sharepoint in order to record what document the user had generated.

Now my question is, sharepoint cannot crawl this document's content. But if I download this document from sharepoint and open it, then save as a new document and upload to sharepoint again, sharepoint can crawl its content.

I dunno know whether I have missed some steps to do.

Best Regards,
Tam

TA Tam November 3, 2008 02:33 AM UTC

I attached a file for you, the documement named "original_document.doc" was generated by DocIO's mailmerge, and the document named "saveAs_Document.doc" was downloaded from sharepoint and save as a new document, both of them can open with word 2007, but I can find the difference...

docs_c67b5066.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 4, 2008 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Tam,

Thanks for the documents. I am able to reproduce the issue with your document. Could you please let me know the MsWord version in your sharepoint machine in which you are resaving it after mailmerge. I would like to get confirm if you are using Word 2007 to save output document after mail merge.

Regards,
Dhivya.

>I attached a file for you, the documement named "original_document.doc" was generated by DocIO's mailmerge, and the document named "saveAs_Document.doc" was downloaded from sharepoint and save as a new document, both of them can open with word 2007, but I can find the difference...

docs_c67b5066.zip

TA Tam November 4, 2008 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Dhivya.K,

Thank you for your concern about my issue.
Both client's machine and sharepoint's machine are use MsWord 2007.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 5, 2008 10:33 AM UTC

Hi Tam,

Thank you for the details.

Could you please let me know if you are trying to interpret the alignment changes as the 'difference' issue? If yes, we can see the issue in your documents but we are not able to see it if we re save the orginal_document.doc using Word 2007. It would be more helpful if you send us your original document before mail merge so that we could recreate the issue by performing mail merging using Essential DocIO.

Please let me know if you face any difficulties.

Regards,
Geetha

TA Tam November 6, 2008 02:13 AM UTC

Hi Geetha,

I attached a word template for you. All my word documents generated by DocIO mail merge cannot be searched in sharepoint.

Regards
Tam

docTemplate_8ad12c83.zip

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 7, 2008 09:32 AM UTC

Hi Tam,

Thank you for your patience.

This is a known issue with Essential DocIO. Please create a direct trac incident so that we could send you the details of the issue and the fix.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties.

Regards,
Geetha

TA Tam November 7, 2008 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Geetha,

Thanks for your help.
But I have no idea what information I could provide to you. Can you tell me how to "create a direct trac incident"?

Regards,
Tam

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 7, 2008 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Tam,

Please use our Drect Trac (below link) to report your queries.

https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx

You can find the direct trac feature tour in the same page.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon