We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem after installing Essential Studio 3.2.1.0

Hello,

I had a HMI which compiled and worked fine.
But, yesterday, I couldn't compile because of a Syncfusion error.
So, I installed Essential Studio 3.2.1.0 and it compiled.
But, at the execution, Syncfusion did something for the licence... And, now, I have an exception!!!

The code is:
this.dockingManager.SetDockLabel(this.sideBar, "Applications");

The (french) message is:
"Impossible d'effectuer un cast d'un objet de type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MainFormController' en type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockControllerBase'."

(Unable to cast...)

Thank you very much for your answers!

VS 2005 SP1 and .Net 2.0 SP1

1 Reply

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team October 30, 2008 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Cedric,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

It appears that this issue could be raised due to some reference problems. Could you please do the below given steps?

1. Manually remove all the Syncfusion assemblies (either 3.2.1.0 or previous versions ) from the following locations.

C:\WINDOWS\assembly - GAC
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies - Common files
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - VS2005 PublicAssemblies

2) Copy the 3.2.1.0 assemblies from the following location

{Installed Drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\precompiledassemblies\3.2.1.0\2.0
and manually place it in the above mentioned GAC and Public Assemblies folders.

3)Copy and paste does not work in GAC so Drag and drop the assemblies from {Installed Drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\precompiledassemblies\3.2.1.0\2.0 to C:\windows\assembly (GAC)

3) Now complie your project.

Please try this and let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Hema

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon